Windows 10: Can't delete or save files in the documents, photos and videos folders even though I own them

Discus and support Can't delete or save files in the documents, photos and videos folders even though I own them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every other folder works fine but those three folders and one or two others are stuck on hidden and I or any of my games are unable to edit or save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SlashedFall51, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Can't delete or save files in the documents, photos and videos folders even though I own them

Every other folder works fine but those three folders and one or two others are stuck on hidden and I or any of my games are unable to edit or save files within them. Even though I own the folders. Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/SlashedFall51
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SlashedFall51, Dec 8, 2020

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Dec 8, 2020
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Can't delete or save files in the documents, photos and videos folders even though I own them

how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Unfortunately, after following your instructions, the problem persists.

Vasileios Vlachos, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't delete or save files in the documents, photos and videos folders even though I own them

1. Can't delete or save files in the documents, photos and videos folders even though I own them - Similar Threads - Can't delete save

2. Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....: As elaborated in the question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-files-are-saved-as-ms-dos-application/4cb8534d-6438-4d84-90a0-d5872cf9b4a6
  3. Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my files are saved as MS Dos Application even though I saved them as notepad file....: As elaborated in the question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-files-are-saved-as-ms-dos-application/4cb8534d-6438-4d84-90a0-d5872cf9b4a6
  4. Document can't delete or make folder/files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document can't delete or make folder/files: My document can be accessed but can't be deleted or create a folder/file that says "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from user to make a change to this file" but I use my admin account and only my documents are like that other folders, for...
  5. Document can't delete or make folder/files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document can't delete or make folder/files: My document can be accessed but can't be deleted or create a folder/file that says "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from user to make a change to this file" but I use my admin account and only my documents are like that other folders, for...
  6. Document can't delete or make folder/files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Need permission to move and delete, even though I own the files.

Need permission to move and delete, even though I own the files.: Whenever I try to delete or move items in the Documents, Pictures, and Videos folders in the "This PC" tab, it tells me that I need to provide administrator permission to delete/move it. When I press "Continue", it tells me that I need permission from myself. I'm...
  8. Files saving on a "TEMP" folder even though I'm signed in?

Files saving on a "TEMP" folder even though I'm signed in?: Every time i restart my computer these files get deleted , How can i make it so they get stored on my permanent folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-saving-on-a-temp-folder-even-though-im/de5a970b-f2ac-4045-ba2b-6d890cb5e497
  9. WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT

WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT: I HAVE MS WORD ...... I SAVED A DOCUMENT TODAY, IT DOES NOT OPEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document-is-not-opening-even-though-i-saved/a98173b7-e373-4d93-9bba-1cffab765c74
  10. Can't delete a file even though I own it

Can't delete a file even though I own it: I recently installed some kind of virus onto my computer that runs these programs that make my laptop overheat very quickly and sometimes play random music. I figured out the location of these programs, located in two folders in Local Disk C: and have tried to delete them....