Windows 10: Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

Discus and support Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The only thing I can suggest is make an image of a minimal Windows 10 install from another computer (same version you want on the tablet), just the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JodieLThi, Mar 27, 2016.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

The only thing I can suggest is make an image of a minimal Windows 10 install from another computer (same version you want on the tablet), just the Windows partition, then restore that image to the large space on the tablet. Macrium Reflect Free would be good for that. Hopefully the boot partition on the tablet will boot the Windows 10 once it is copied over from the image. Then you can run the command to compact the OS - and you should be able to use showkey to retrieve the Windows 8 product key from the bios and use that to activate the Windows 10 you copy over.

NavyLCDR, Mar 30, 2016
  2. JodieLThi Win User

I'll try that, and if it doesn't work I'll see if I can have the drive replaced. Thank you.

JodieLThi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

1. Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't delete partitions

2. Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete: Hi I want to install windows on drive 1. Do I delete all drive 0 partitions and then install on drive 1 or do I delete all drive 0 and drive 1? Many thanks...
  3. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  4. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  5. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 fresh install. Can't delete/clean disk or partitions.

Windows 10 fresh install. Can't delete/clean disk or partitions.: Hi Everyone, As my title says I cannot complete a fresh Windows 10 install from USB using Windows media creation tool. I purchased an NZXT BLD a few months ago and recently received a blue screen crash and of course I didn't write down the error code, because I didn't think...
  7. clean install after deleting partitions

clean install after deleting partitions: I have deleted the partitions, and have the unallocated space partition, clicked on next, but it won't progress. There's an hourglass that just sits there. Nothing happening....
  8. Can't delete all partitions for Win 10 clean install

Can't delete all partitions for Win 10 clean install: Hi, When click "custom" during Win 10 clean install via usb drive Window media creation tool download, I still end up with the main c drive that I can't delete, because it's greyed out, as well as the recovery partition that came with my laptop (that I also can not delete...
  9. Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions: Clean install from flash drive. I'm just following instructions... All okay up until "...delete each Drive/Partition..." EXCEPT the "Unallocated Space". I do not see the term Unallocated Space. I have 5 partitions 1-5. 1(ESP/System) says don't delete as it's an EFI...
  10. Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10

Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10: I have a top spec HP Envy DV6 i7 laptop which had Windows 7 on it then upgraded to windows 8 then Windows 10. I have noticed that recently the machine has become really sluggish and Cortana is not working not matter what I try. I have decided to clean install Windows 10...