Windows 10: Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder...

Discus and support Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically I wanted to change my default program installation folder.. In system settings I changed it to disk E. Than I changed it back and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Luigispotato, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder...

So basically I wanted to change my default program installation folder.. In system settings I changed it to disk E. Than I changed it back and now I cant delete these 2 folders. Both have 0 bytes and when I want to delete them it says "You require permission from SYSTEM to delete this folder". What do you think guys? Thanks for help

submitted by /u/Luigispotato
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Luigispotato, Nov 20, 2019
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 20, 2019
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder...

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder...

1. Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder... - Similar Threads - Cant delete Program

2. Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder: I used to use the desktop Xbox app. I no longer do and it has left a 25GB folder on my drive that I can't delete. I've taken ownership of the folder, which was a hastle in the first place, but now even after taking ownership I can't delete it or it's contents. I've tried...
  3. How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?: Hey, I just noticed that I have two new folders on my hard drive one is called ''WindowsApps'' the other ''Program Files''. I have no permissions to read or delete them, even tho I'm the administrator. They seem to be system folders. Does anyone have an idea how to remove...
  4. Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps: I'm trying to delete "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtension_1.0.32762.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe". I have Full control under security, also checked advanced and it states Full control there. However when I try to delete any folder in windowsapps I get the...
  5. Don't have access to WindowsApps folder and cant delete it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Don't have access to WindowsApps folder and cant delete it.: I've downloaded a lot of games onto my external hard drive about 600GB from the Windows Store. I later reset my PC because I wanted to have a clean install of Windows. Now I can't access the windows apps folder that was made before the reset because it thinks it is from...
  6. Cant Delete The WindowsApps Folder In My "D: Drive"

Cant Delete The WindowsApps Folder In My "D: Drive": What Do I Need Help With? I just got a new PC, Since I Didnt Want To Spend Alot of money on a new hardrive so I just added my old 1TB Hardrive Onto my New PC... Ive had Xbox Gamepass for a while and loved it ive wanted to download Cluster Truck And Forza Horizen 4 Recently...
  7. Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.

Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.: Let me just state that not giving users full control of their PC is absolutely **** unacceptable. What the **** is Microsoft thinking? Second, yes. I've tried changing permissions, it doesn't always work. Microsoft needs to unfuck the condescending view they have of their...
  8. Delete WindowsApps folder in 2020?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete WindowsApps folder in 2020?: I'm absolutely baffled by this issue. Short story: I have 4 SSDs in my desktop. Reinstalled Windows 10 to a new SSD. I had the Xbox Game Pass for a few months and installed various games to my D, E, and F drives. They're all sitting in WindowsApps taking up a ton of...
  9. Can't Delete Windowsapp folder

Can't Delete Windowsapp folder: I install my windowsapp games on a separate hard drive. After reinstalling windows, I am no longer able to access or delete this folder. Most of the drive is being used by files and folders I CANNOT format or delete. So formatting the drive is not an option. I have tried...
  10. Deleted WindowsApps folder and now I cant boot!

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted WindowsApps folder and now I cant boot!: I tried deleting (after copying it to another location) the %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps folder in order to perform a system restore. The restore point gave me an WindowsApps error, so I searched the internet and found several workarounds consisting on deleting or renaming that...