Windows 10: Can't delete Protection History

Discus and support Can't delete Protection History in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/y0dtpxdedde51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=5a5e46c3f4f48f9336a1720ce5af4542717d81ba I've just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sakuraneechan, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Can't delete Protection History

Can't delete Protection History 3E_WRuQz1hvUkgNj2njBHPSIVp9zR5cicJPN8QNjNgY.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/y0dtpxdedde...bp&s=5a5e46c3f4f48f9336a1720ce5af4542717d81ba

I've just installed Photoshop CC and Viber in my laptop and windows defender blocks the folder. I don't actually mind if it's blocked or what, there's no changes when I still use the softwares/app. My real concern is that I can't seem to erase the history from windows defender.

I already tried deleting the files inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History but it doesn't work. The list just keeps piling up. I just want to delete the Protection history, that's all.

Anyone know how?

submitted by /u/sakuraneechan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sakuraneechan, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Unable to clear protection history

I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History...

I have tried...

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender

Right click on it and select clear log.

and

Delete folder Service C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service .

After deleting the folder Service, off and turn on (OFF>ON) Real-Time protection and Cloud protection.

And neither suggestion works. Are there any other suggestions to clear the protection history

Microsoft needs to reinstall the clear button.

I have entries because I had Controlled folder access turned on by accident... I have it off now.

Jack Smook, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Can't delete Protection History

Delete History

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, provided us few more details on the below questions.

1. Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge in Windows 10?

2. Are you referring items in the Address Bar drop-down list?

3. When trying to delete the History, did you uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data"?

Please follow the below steps on How to delete the browsing history in Internet Explorer 11.

• In Internet Explorer, press CTRL+ SHIFT + DEL keys together on your keyboard to display the
      Delete Browsing History dialog
    • Check the box next to History.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't delete Protection History

1. Can't delete Protection History - Similar Threads - Can't delete Protection

2. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  3. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  4. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. can't open protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open protection history: I am unable to save a game because windows blocks it, when i press the notification to allow it through this is all that pops up. Even if I come to protection history manually its still empty, I have no 3rd party anti-viruses....
  6. can't open protection history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open protection history: I am unable to save a game because windows blocks it, when i press the notification to allow it through this is all that pops up. Even if I come to protection history manually its still empty, I have no 3rd party anti-viruses....
  7. can't open protection history

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Security Protection History is not deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Protection History is not deleting: Everything I’ve read says Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Protection History supposed to show for only 30 days by default. But mine was there longer.I followed the instructions...
  9. Can't see Protection history

Can't see Protection history: I've just upgraded an old install of Windows 10 from 2016 to the latest updates and now my Windows defender never displays anything in the protection history.I've installed all updates, used the refresh your PC option, tried running DISM and sfc /scannowNone of that has...
  10. CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY

CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY: I can't see the protection history because after i clicked the protection history it's just frezee and then the tab closed by itself like in this vid i posted on youtube if you can't understand what i mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9TL-RQzwaU...