Windows 10: Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive

Discus and support Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Everyone I am using WD My Passport External Hard Drive for a while now. Although i can store new files in when there is enough space in it . I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by oneofthefew_, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive

Hello Everyone

I am using WD My Passport External Hard Drive for a while now. Although i can store new files in when there is enough space in it . I can't remove old folder nor i can use repair because it shuts down while progress is still ongoing. Also everytime i stick the usb in windows warns me this hardware needs repairs but due to reason i explained i cannot do anything.

I want to keep the new files i stored but also i want to open up some space.

What can i do ? Could you help me ?

Thank you.

:)

oneofthefew_, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How to delete folder/files when "Item Not Found" + folder located in external hard-drive

Hi Juan,

There are possible factors for the folders to be missing or cannot be found. To isolate the issue, I have some
    questions for you:

• Were there any error messages when you connect your external hard drive to your PC?

• Have you tried searching for the folders while enabling the "show hidden files" in your external hard drive?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive

Unable to access folders in external hard drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the files and folders from external hard drive, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you logged in as an administrator?
    • How have you connected the hard drive to Windows 10 computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code along with the error message?
    • Is this issue specific only with the files and folders in the external drive?
    • Have you tried to access these files on different computer?

Reply to the post with required information and brief description about the issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive

1. Can't Delete Specific Folders From External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Can't Delete Specific

2. Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.: In Windows 10, how do I delete a pdf file from my external hard drive. I cannot move, delete or rename the file by conventional methods in Windows, nor in safe mode, nor by command prompts like del. I believe the file may have been synced to OneDrive because the same file was...
  3. Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.: In Windows 10, how do I delete a pdf file from my external hard drive. I cannot move, delete or rename the file by conventional methods in Windows, nor in safe mode, nor by command prompts like del. I believe the file may have been synced to OneDrive because the same file was...
  4. Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  6. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  7. A specific folder in Windows 10 can't be deleted from hard drive.

A specific folder in Windows 10 can't be deleted from hard drive.: Hello, I am running Windows 10 version 1909 os build 18363.815. Recently I downloaded a exe file from internet for renaming Better File Rename 6.19. It was zipped and i unzipped it using winrar and put those contents to "D:\00\" and one of the folder of the content was is in...
  8. deleting files from external hard drive

deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  9. Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder

Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder: Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder My onedrive folder is synced on my hard drive. I can delete folders & files from the web but the files are neither automatically deleted--synchronized--with my hard drive nor can I manually delete them from the...
  10. external hard drive folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive folders: I use an external hard drive for storage, and sleep mode was closing all open folders and files. I set "USB selective suspend setting" under Power Management to "Disabled", and now in sleep mode FILES stay open but FOLDERS are still closed which is pretty annoying. My...