Windows 10: Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop

Discus and support Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Attached is the screenshot of the name of a folder on my desktop - and a screenshot of the contents. Also included is a screenshot of the error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop

Attached is the screenshot of the name of a folder on my desktop - and a screenshot of the contents. Also included is a screenshot of the error message I get when I try to delete this folder. This folder is no longer needed so I'd like to delete it as part of my housekeeping. Thank you....

:)

Nisko, Jul 15, 2020

2. Can't delete folder from desktop

Hi Carole,

The "You need permission to perform this action" error shows up because there could be some changes that may affect your computer that's why an administrator rights is needed. Since you're the admin of the computer and still can't delete the folder, we suggest
    that you close all of the programs that are running on your computer before deleting the folder. You can also do it in the Task Manager by ending the process of the programs. See the screenshot below:

Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop c1fe2319-00dd-43ab-b6c5-d50c8b8ab820.jpg

If the issue persists, you can try to delete the folder in the command line. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows icon + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Right-click on the folder that you want to delete, then click Properties.
    • Copy the Location of the folder. For example (C:\Users\your name\Desktop)
    • Go back to Command Prompt, then type in this command RMDIR /S /Q (Location of the folder), then hit
      Enter.
    It should look like this:

Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop 6ae0293a-895d-410d-adc9-54e2c72c0fbf.jpg

If an error message shows up, we suggest that you capture and post it on your next reply.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 15, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop - Similar Threads - Can't delete Folder

2. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  3. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  4. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't delete a file from my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete a file from my desktop: I downloaded a file from a tax website onto my desktop. The file was automatically labelled by the provider as follows:"1099 E-File, E-File 1099-MISC, 1099-K Form Online, 1099-INT Form Online, 1099-DIV Form Online, 1042-S Form Online, 1099-A Form Online, 1099-B Form Online,...
  6. Can't delete a file from my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a file from my desktop: I downloaded a file from a tax website onto my desktop. The file was automatically labelled by the provider as follows:"1099 E-File, E-File 1099-MISC, 1099-K Form Online, 1099-INT Form Online, 1099-DIV Form Online, 1042-S Form Online, 1099-A Form Online, 1099-B Form Online,...
  7. Problem Deleting folder from my desktop

Problem Deleting folder from my desktop: So I have this folder created on my desktop unfortunately it has all the Windows-based folders in it like Program Files and all that. Created by user Mayur, I am the user, also the Admin, its a Personal computer, But everytime I try deleting the folder, I get the Pop up...
  8. Deletion of folder from desktop

Deletion of folder from desktop: Hi, Today I found one of my folder from desktop is deleted automatically. Just an hour before I have selected a file and share with someone as an attachment in a mail. This is very surprising. Is there any solution?...
  9. Can't delete files from my desktop

Can't delete files from my desktop: I saved 2 files as PDFs. I couldn't rename them and now I cannot delete them from the desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-files-from-my-desktop/e94377c9-6ed5-4b7b-9aec-c0dab6d14ba7"
  10. Can't delete icon from my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete icon from my desktop: Since I updated my Windows 10 to Redstone 5, I can't get rid of my 7+ Taskbar Tweaker icon from my desktop. I delete it - but it comes back very shortly. Any suggestions? 110971