Windows 10: Can't delete this folder, help!

Discus and support Can't delete this folder, help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pranxter_guy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj8blq/cant_delete_this_folder_help/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pranxter_guy, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Can't delete this folder, help!

/u/pranxter_guy, Mar 15, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete this folder, help! :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete this folder, help! :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 15, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Can't delete this folder, help!

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Can't delete this folder, help! :(

lyndonguitar, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't delete this folder, help!

1. Can't delete this folder, help! - Similar Threads - Can't delete folder

2. Can't delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete folder: Hello, what does this mean? I just want to delete the folder.Administrator functions on Windows is the absolute worst, I am the only one that ever uses my own computer.Thank you for you help....
  3. Can't delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete folder: Hello, what does this mean? I just want to delete the folder.Administrator functions on Windows is the absolute worst, I am the only one that ever uses my own computer.Thank you for you help....
  4. Can't delete folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete folders: I have a video downloading app that I use frequently. I download music videos from You Tube and group several intoa music video or extract the audio and put those together. On three occasions I created separate folders for differentgenre music, downloaded the clips in those...
  5. Can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a folder: I tried to delete this folder many times even with the safe mode I search task manager too for a task named nokia...but could not find [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-folder/79d144cc-6332-452d-a53c-1728d798e48c
  6. help!!!!! I can't delete a folder :

help!!!!! I can't delete a folder :: I can't delete a folderin "DataD:" pls help meee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-i-cant-delete-a-folder/0960002f-4e4e-4ebf-852e-d28c6b2a797a
  7. Can't Delete Folders

Can't Delete Folders: I ran a batch file named aa.bat and it goes like this: @Echo off :a mkdir Desktop copy aa.bat Desktop/aa.bat cd Desktop goto :a PAUSE The loop goes on until I get the maximum filename error. Now I can't delete the folders. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  8. Can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder: About 2 weeks ago I deleted the contents of a fold on my PC then deleted the folder. My next reboot the folder came back ( the empty folder with the name I named it when created ) I've deleted it about 10 times and after each reboot it comes back. very strange, anyone know...
  9. Can't delete a folder

Can't delete a folder: I have a WD My Book for backup and I was testing it out so I backed everything up. Then I went to restore and selected Program Files and Programs (X86) to restore and sentthemt to my WD My Book Restore folder. It restored perfectly, but now I can't delete it. I tried...
  10. Can't delete folder

Can't delete folder: Hi, so I'm simply trying to delete a game folder from my computer but every time I try it says I need permission from "DESKTOP" something and I have no idea what its talking about. I've already set myself as owner of everything on the drive and given myself every permission I...