Windows 10: Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far

Discus and support Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've tried reboot in safe mode, cmd.exe, orbit unlocker, AVG shred, sfc/scandisk, chkdsk....nothing can get rid of this stupid folder. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheDirty14s, May 31, 2020.

1. Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far

Hi,

I've tried reboot in safe mode, cmd.exe, orbit unlocker, AVG shred, sfc/scandisk, chkdsk....nothing can get rid of this stupid folder. It was created by camtasia studio 9 after rendering a video. There is no folder code for it in cmd either in administrator or regular Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far c24c59d6-399c-45ed-ad91-02ebf939fcbc?upload=true.jpg

......... and this is what the properties security tab says...

Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far 0404a5c3-0955-4d0d-a28b-03bb39a4c4bf?upload=true.jpg

....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

TheDirty14s, May 31, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 31, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 31, 2020
  4. Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far

problem in deleting folders

Hi Sindhu,

The challenge that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, incorrect user permissions settings, corrupted files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the exact error messages that you are getting?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • What kind of folder are you trying to delete? Are you trying to delete an app folder, system folder, or a file folder?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far

1. Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far - Similar Threads - Cant delete folder

2. Hey, I'm stuck on this page... Nothing is working so far.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey, I'm stuck on this page... Nothing is working so far.: Im stuck on the page... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-im-stuck-on-this-page-nothing-is-working-so/de9d30f8-8536-4822-aa79-c5187de28f6b
  3. Hey, I'm stuck on this page... Nothing is working so far.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey, I'm stuck on this page... Nothing is working so far.: Im stuck on the page... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-im-stuck-on-this-page-nothing-is-working-so/de9d30f8-8536-4822-aa79-c5187de28f6b
  4. Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far: My headset mic just recently decided to stop working mostly. So it does detect stuff, its just quiet, and even then it only detects it when my mic is literally inside my mouth. I have tried adjusting the volume in the configuration settings and it didn't help, also I cannot...
  5. Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far: My headset mic just recently decided to stop working mostly. So it does detect stuff, its just quiet, and even then it only detects it when my mic is literally inside my mouth. I have tried adjusting the volume in the configuration settings and it didn't help, also I cannot...
  6. Headset Mic too low, and nothing has helped so far

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Color calibration resetting on sleep/restart. Nothing helped so far

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color calibration resetting on sleep/restart. Nothing helped so far: As the title says, the color calibration keeps going default for me despite having tried every solution I could find about this problem.I've installed the newest windows updates and graphic card drivers. Windows 10 Pro Build: 19041.867 nVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 16GB RAM...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot! Nothing has worked so far

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot! Nothing has worked so far: When I try to boot into windows 10. I keep getting a BSOD and the error is system license violation. This happened after I tried to use a system restore to fix my keyboard. The system restore was successful but my keyboard still was not working at the login screen. I...
  9. So Far, So Good

in Windows 10 Support
    So Far, So Good: After installing Windows 10 onto my Dell 1545 it appears to run faster than Win-7 and while it will take some time to get used to MS Edge it appears to run faster as well. Learning curve is fair and not too steep. Happy so far. Hopefully I can install the ISO and new GF...
  10. Impressed so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Impressed so far: The upgrade had a hiccup but I've been very pleased with Windows 10 so far My observations ... All programs and hardware work with no modifications (was running 8.1) Full screen apps are manageable from standard PC desktop Like the new UI style, multiple desktops, task...