Windows 10: Can't delete TmpDelete folder in Windows C driver

Discus and support Can't delete TmpDelete folder in Windows C driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 OS build info 1809, there is TmpDelete folder on Windows C drive which can't be deleted. Please advise how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GiangNguyen_2504, May 20, 2019.

1. Can't delete TmpDelete folder in Windows C driver

Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 OS build info 1809, there is TmpDelete folder on Windows C drive which can't be deleted. Please advise how to delete this file, thank you!

Can't delete TmpDelete folder in Windows C driver 76da3952-90fd-498b-9deb-436fd0adf73f?upload=true.jpg

:)

GiangNguyen_2504, May 20, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can't delete TmpDelete folder in Windows C driver ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, May 20, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete TmpDelete folder in Windows C driver :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete TmpDelete folder in Windows C driver :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 20, 2019
  4. Wile E Win User

Can't delete TmpDelete folder in Windows C driver

C windows installer folder - Delete?

I have it in mine. Looking thru it, it looks like certain programs keep their installer in there. Probably not a good idea to delete it, as you might lose the ability to uninstall some programs.

Wile E, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't delete TmpDelete folder in Windows C driver

1. Can't delete TmpDelete folder in Windows C driver - Similar Threads - Can't delete TmpDelete

2. Can't delete a user folder from C:/Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete a user folder from C:/Users: Descriptive:I have a folder that might be a old user from old Windows 10, now I'm using Windows 11. I want to delete that folder but it always return an error like "You required permission from USER/Administrator", meanwhile the current user I'm using setted up as...
  3. Can't delete a user folder from C:/Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a user folder from C:/Users: Descriptive:I have a folder that might be a old user from old Windows 10, now I'm using Windows 11. I want to delete that folder but it always return an error like "You required permission from USER/Administrator", meanwhile the current user I'm using setted up as...
  4. Can't delete a user from folder C:/Users

Can't delete a user from folder C:/Users: Descriptive:I have a folder that might be a old user from old Windows 10, now I'm using Windows 11. I want to delete that folder but it always return an error like "You required permission from USER/Administrator", meanwhile the current user I'm using setted up as...
  5. Can't delete a user from folder C:/Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a user from folder C:/Users: Descriptive:I have a folder that might be a old user from old Windows 10, now I'm using Windows 11. I want to delete that folder but it always return an error like "You required permission from USER/Administrator", meanwhile the current user I'm using setted up as...
  6. Can't delete folder

Can't delete folder: Hello, what does this mean? I just want to delete the folder.Administrator functions on Windows is the absolute worst, I am the only one that ever uses my own computer.Thank you for you help....
  7. Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS: Recently, I updated my apps and found that around 2GB of space is occupied due to this update in C:\DRIVERS folder. All of the folders inside DRIVERS contains setup files install & uninstall. Their names are : AMD_Chipset_APU, ASUS System Control Interface V2,...
  8. Can't Delete Folders

Can't Delete Folders: I ran a batch file named aa.bat and it goes like this: @Echo off :a mkdir Desktop copy aa.bat Desktop/aa.bat cd Desktop goto :a PAUSE The loop goes on until I get the maximum filename error. Now I can't delete the folders. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  9. Can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder: About 2 weeks ago I deleted the contents of a fold on my PC then deleted the folder. My next reboot the folder came back ( the empty folder with the name I named it when created ) I've deleted it about 10 times and after each reboot it comes back. very strange, anyone know...
  10. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\: I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me. I am the only user of this machine and there is no one else who uses it. There is only 2 users one me and the other ASP.NET Machine account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tmpdelete