Windows 10: Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive

Discus and support Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to delete a secondary windows folder I have on a secondary drive. (obviously it's not the one i'm booting from) The problem is that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheFazzoman, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive

Hello, I'm trying to delete a secondary windows folder I have on a secondary drive. (obviously it's not the one i'm booting from)
    The problem is that I can't.
    I'm the owner of the folder and all sub-folders and files, and when I'm deleting it it will say "you need permission from *my username*; I also checked that I have full control over all the files in the folder.
    I tryied deleting it from cmd, but I get rejected (in the ownership settings I also gave "console access" full controll over the folder, but still...)
    I even tryied to do all of the above in safe mode, but it won't let me delete it
    No matter who the owner is (everyone, admin, users, etc...) I can't get rid of it.
    Any suggestions? This is driving me crazy

submitted by /u/TheFazzoman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheFazzoman, Nov 20, 2019

2. Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, Nov 20, 2019
  3. RoboX Win User
    Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, Nov 20, 2019
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive

1. Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive - Similar Threads - Can't delete useless

2. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.: Windows 10 I bought a SSD card and made it my primary system. Since the HHD that i used before isn't the system disk anymore, i can delete the WIndows folder right? But i can't. I tried changing the ownership, but it still tells me to get permission from the desktop. i tried...
  3. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.: Windows 10 I bought a SSD card and made it my primary system. Since the HHD that i used before isn't the system disk anymore, i can delete the WIndows folder right? But i can't. I tried changing the ownership, but it still tells me to get permission from the desktop. i tried...
  4. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to delete Windows & associated folders on my secondary drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete Windows & associated folders on my secondary drive: I'm trying to remove old Windows folders on my secondary drive to clear up space, but it keeps giving me an error saying something like permission from Trustedinstaller. So I tried to transfer ownership to myself, and instead, it's saying I need permission from myself to do...
  6. Unable to delete Windows & associated folders on my secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete Windows & associated folders on my secondary drive: I'm trying to remove old Windows folders on my secondary drive to clear up space, but it keeps giving me an error saying something like permission from Trustedinstaller. So I tried to transfer ownership to myself, and instead, it's saying I need permission from myself to do...
  7. Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005: I had my WindowsApps folder set up in the D drive. The other day I reinstalled Windows on my C drive, after which the folder on the D drive was not recognized, but that was to be expected. The problem is that I now can't delete it, even after successfully changing the...
  8. Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005: I had my WindowsApps folder set up in the D drive. The other day I reinstalled Windows on my C drive, after which the folder on the D drive was not recognized, but that was to be expected. The problem is that I now can't delete it, even after successfully changing the...
  9. WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk

in Windows 10 Support
    WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk: I have an SSD (This PC) for Windows, HDD (secondary disk) for files and whatnot. Running Windows 10 64-bit Home. I saw that you could move apps to another disk through Apps & features in Settings, so I decided to try it out. I moved an app to my secondary disk, and it...
  10. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?: I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied. I tried changing the permissions to my admin account and...