Windows 10: Can’t delete video file

Discus and support Can’t delete video file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recorded a stream I was doing in amazing quality and it went for 7 hours and the file is now 456GB apparently and it’s not letting me delete it, can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpottyYT-SS, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Can’t delete video file

I recorded a stream I was doing in amazing quality and it went for 7 hours and the file is now 456GB apparently and it’s not letting me delete it, can some help?

submitted by /u/SpottyYT-SS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpottyYT-SS, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Can't delete a video file from my foldier

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try deleting the video file in safe mode and check if it allows you to delete the file. If issue persist, try deleting it after taking full permission of video file. To do so, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on the file and click on Properties.

• Click on Security, check Owner should be "SYSTEM" in
        Advance tab.

• Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>

• Owner should also be "SYSTEM"

• Check the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"

• If not, Add the user you are logged in as.

• All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with
        importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"

• Check for all the related folder where you are getting same error, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able
        to save to that folder and all sub-folders

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Can’t delete video file

video file delete

If that is showing under the history, there is no way to delete. As you play other videos, it will eventually drop off the list of recent videos.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Can’t delete video file

1. Can’t delete video file - Similar Threads - Can’t delete video

2. Why can’t I delete my file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I delete my file?: I have a compressed/zipped file that I want to delete. When I try to delete it, the page says I cannot delete it and my access was denied. I look up the way to access that file and try it on my laptop. According to the instructions I used, I was supposed to right-click on the...
  3. Can't Delete Video File?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Delete Video File?: I can't delete a video file I downloaded. When I click delete or drag to the recycle bin, I get a window that gets stuck at "Preparing to Recycle" and nothing happens. I can't even delete the folder it is in.I tried FileAssasin on the file and it just crashes. I checked...
  4. Can't Delete Video File?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Delete Video File?: I can't delete a video file I downloaded. When I click delete or drag to the recycle bin, I get a window that gets stuck at "Preparing to Recycle" and nothing happens. I can't even delete the folder it is in.I tried FileAssasin on the file and it just crashes. I checked...
  5. Can't Delete Video File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Deleting a video file

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting a video file: Hello,In previous windows versions, deleting a video clip, there was a thumbnail of the video in the "delete" window. Since the last upgrade, when deleting a video, there is only an icon, please see attached screenshot.Is it possible to get this back ?It is just a matter of...
  7. Can’t download, update or delete files

Can’t download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here [IMG] I have...
  8. Can’t Download, update or delete files

Can’t Download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here[IMG] I have...
  9. Can’t play audio or video files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t play audio or video files: For the last 3 days I haven’t been able to play audio files or videos on my windows 10 PC. Youtube takes minutes to load a single video, spotify won’t play songs and when I try to play a downloaded video/audio file nothing happens at all. What so weird about it is that I can...
  10. Can’t delete files from deleted shared drive

Can’t delete files from deleted shared drive: I deleted a shared drive from my old work computer and now I cannot delete a load of folders ‘attached’ to this drive as they can’t access the path. How can I get rid of these folders please? Thank you :-...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why no delete video on pc