Windows 10: Cant delete virtual drive from disk manager, because I can't see it there.

Discus and support Cant delete virtual drive from disk manager, because I can't see it there. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, today I've created virtual drive, but when I wanted to remove it from 'My computer', I couldn't find it in disk manager. I've tried to delet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidChaloupka, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Cant delete virtual drive from disk manager, because I can't see it there.

Hello,

today I've created virtual drive, but when I wanted to remove it from 'My computer', I couldn't find it in disk manager. I've tried to delet folder, from which I've made the virtual drive, but now it shows me questions mark next to the picture of drive in My computer.

Can you please help me, how can I remove it?

Thank you.

:)

DavidChaloupka, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Sidney S Win User

Virtual Disk

Hello

I am Sidney, an independent Microsoft expert, and also a customer just like you. I will try to help you resolving your issue.

Be aware that everything inside your virtual disk will be deleted.

In order to delete a virtual disk , you will need to:

- press Window + R at the same time

- Execute ‘diskmgmt.msc’ and click OK

- The Disk Management window will open

- Please right-click on the virtual disk listed in the Volume column (your 10 Gb drive)

Then you can extend your main disk so that it uses the new allocated space.

Best,

Sidney

Sidney S, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Irongamer Win User

Cant delete virtual drive from disk manager, because I can't see it there.

Windows 10 - Disk Management stalls with message "Connecting to virtual disk service"

Disk Management never loads and stalls at "Connecting to virtual disk service."

This may be an issue if you are running SSD and have a SSD manager that suggests turning off a number of services to improve SSD longevity. Or if you have disabled services using a tweak site like Home | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com. Not sure which was the case
    for my computer but I'm pretty sure it was one of those two. =)

I've seen two solutions outside of the Microsoft Answers so I'm going to post both of them in a single post. One worked for me but others have had the other issue of the two.

Possible Solution 1

Virtual Disk is disabled. To enable:

• Type services.msc in search or run box and press enter
    • Scroll down to Virtual Disk Service. Is it disabled?
    • Right click > Properties > Startup type > Manual or Automatic
    • You can also press the start button to start the service.
    • Check Disk Management to see if your drives show up.
    Possible Solution 2 (this worked for me)

Volume Shadow Copy is disabled. To enable:

• Type services.msc in search or run box and press enter
    • Scroll down to Volume Shadow Copy Service. Is it disabled?
    • Right click > Properties > Startup type > Manual or Automatic
    • You can also press the start button to start the service. (I set it to manual and then pressed the start button)
    • Check Disk Management to see if your drives show up. (Disk Management showed the drives instantly)

Hope this helps someone.

Irongamer, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Cant delete virtual drive from disk manager, because I can't see it there.

1. Cant delete virtual drive from disk manager, because I can't see it there. - Similar Threads - Cant delete virtual

2. 20GB Missing from drive after Virtual Hard Disk Deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20GB Missing from drive after Virtual Hard Disk Deleted: I recently accidentally deleted a 20GB virtual hard disk I created, and now I find that the 20 GB storage space has not been returned to my storage. It's simply missing from my drive and I can't utilize it. I have checked Disk Management and Wiztree, and both cannot find a...
  3. 20GB Missing from drive after Virtual Hard Disk Deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20GB Missing from drive after Virtual Hard Disk Deleted: I recently accidentally deleted a 20GB virtual hard disk I created, and now I find that the 20 GB storage space has not been returned to my storage. It's simply missing from my drive and I can't utilize it. I have checked Disk Management and Wiztree, and both cannot find a...
  4. Windows doesn't see my virtual disk and I can't delete it in secondary partition managers...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows doesn't see my virtual disk and I can't delete it in secondary partition managers...: I need help with either 1 getting Windows to identify this disk or 2 returning it back to it's original HDD. I can't recall what process I went through, but I had taken a portion of my HDD and turned it into an "independent" disk so that I could install a secondary operating...
  5. Windows doesn't see my virtual disk and I can't delete it in secondary partition managers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't see my virtual disk and I can't delete it in secondary partition managers...: I need help with either 1 getting Windows to identify this disk or 2 returning it back to it's original HDD. I can't recall what process I went through, but I had taken a portion of my HDD and turned it into an "independent" disk so that I could install a secondary operating...
  6. Windows doesn't see my virtual disk and I can't delete it in secondary partition managers...

7. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. I CAN'T DELETE IT OR DETACH IT FROM DISK MANAGEMENT.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. I CAN'T DELETE IT OR DETACH IT FROM DISK MANAGEMENT.: I opened the Windows 10x vhdx and now I can't detach it. And now I have more than 10 disks. This happened when I opened the Windows 10x vhdx. How can I delete the vhdx file? It's showing it's being used by system....
  8. Virtual Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Disk Drive: I recently downloaded VMware Workstation Pro to my PC, so i can test a file that i didn't want to run on my personal PC. After i finished my job, I uninstalled VMware and i noticed that the virtual drives still exist (see screenshot). Is it safe to uninstall them from the...
  9. virtual disk manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    virtual disk manager: how do I turn off "Virtual Disk Manager"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk-manager/b4a6b319-ea39-4daf-ab20-9687e531a4a6
  10. virtual disk manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virtual disk manager: i just upgraded to a samsung ssd on my lenovo t580. when i try to create a new simple volume it gives me this error. (disk 1 is my old hdd plugged in through a usb cable). i would prefer to merge the unallocated space with the C: drive, but that does not appear to be possible...