Windows 10: can't delete what seems like a virus- how to fix?

Discus and support can't delete what seems like a virus- how to fix? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; found a file on my admin account that shouldn't be there and seems to be a redirect virus. however, when i try to delete it, i get an "access denied"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lee H2, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Lee H2 Win User

can't delete what seems like a virus- how to fix?

found a file on my admin account that shouldn't be there and seems to be a redirect virus. however, when i try to delete it, i get an "access denied" message, even though i'm the highest ranking admin on my computer and have the permissions for the virus set so that i should have complete control over it. it also says access denied in the cmd prompt shell. anyone got an idea on how to help or fix this? x

:)

Lee H2, Apr 1, 2023
  2. Jsssssssss, Apr 1, 2023
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Apr 1, 2023
  4. can't delete what seems like a virus- how to fix?

Reboot Virus Deletion?

Alright, so I think I have a virus that my computer isn't detecting. None of my processes seem suspiscious, but just to be safe, I'd like to re-install Vista. I have an iMac. I use a program called Boot Camp to partion the HDD so I can install/uninstall Vista on the alternate partion. If I delete the Vista partion, and reinstall Vista, will everything be deleted, including the virus? By the way, I think it could be the csrss.exe virus thing. Not really asking help to remove it, just if the above would work. Thanks *Smile can't delete what seems like a virus- how to fix? :)

Dysfunkchunal, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

can't delete what seems like a virus- how to fix?

1. can't delete what seems like a virus- how to fix? - Similar Threads - can't delete seems

2. Azurewebsite Popup virus - Can't seem to get rid of it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azurewebsite Popup virus - Can't seem to get rid of it...: It pops up every three minutes no matter what I do. It says all over the internet that both Malwarebyte's and Malwarebyte's Adware, as well as MS Defender will all easily get rid of it. But that hasn't been my case. I've also tried Microsoft Safety Scanner. None of them...
  3. can't delete what seems like a virus- how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't delete what seems like a virus- how to fix?: found a file on my admin account that shouldn't be there and seems to be a redirect virus. however, when i try to delete it, i get an "access denied" message, even though i'm the highest ranking admin on my computer and have the permissions for the virus set so that i should...
  4. How can I fix already deleted virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I fix already deleted virus.: Hi, I got a virus about a week ago but I deleted in the recycling bin before windows security warned me that there is a virus. It still tells me that I have a virus. So can someone please help me get rid of this virus that I don't have anymore but it still says I have it? It...
  5. Virus help - Can't delete

Virus help - Can't delete: Hello, I am in need of help with deleting a virus. I am a fairly cautious person when it comes to downloading files off the internet, this is why I am very confused as I have somehow downloaded a virus by the name of "ChronoSpeedUp". I have searched the internet for tutorials...
  6. Seems Like I Got A Virus Pls Help URGENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seems Like I Got A Virus Pls Help URGENT: Hi Community,So I Runned a unknown file yesterday and it didnt opened so i deleted it. When i Shut Down and restart My Laptop A few Seconds later Command Prompt pops up and immediately closes. It was Never opened and closed Before i runned the file. So i am scared now if i...
  7. Getting some suspicious activity and seems like a virus

Getting some suspicious activity and seems like a virus: I just started my laptop and didn't start any application. After few minutes , a man was speaking like a news reporter I didn't understand that what is going on. I open volume mixer to check that which application is using speakers then I saw that it was Skype. Then I checked...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Can't Seem To Fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Can't Seem To Fix.: While Playing the Game Battletech my computer invariably BSOD's With WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, DxDiag coms back with: +++ WER0 +++: Fault bucket 0x124_0_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_Mae_BANK0_MSCOD0003_MCACOD0005_PCC_UC_IMAGE_GenuineIntel.sys, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen...
  9. What's going on here? How come it seems like these two are stuck together? I can't move it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's going on here? How come it seems like these two are stuck together? I can't move it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/omarpower123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9xqwm/whats_going_on_here_how_come_it_seems_like_these/
  10. What is Computer Virus and how to fix it?

What is Computer Virus and how to fix it?: What is Computer Virus and how to fix it: Are you interested to know what is a computer virus? Using Computers comes to everyone and people who use the computer must have heard the name of the Read More...