Windows 10: Can't delete $WINDOWS~.BT folder (disk cleanup won't help)

Discus and support Can't delete $WINDOWS~.BT folder (disk cleanup won't help) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've that $WINDOWS~.BT which doesn't seems to be auto deleted by Windows 10. There is no "Previous Windows installation" entry in Disk Cleanup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Denis K [](), Oct 3, 2019.

1. Can't delete $WINDOWS~.BT folder (disk cleanup won't help)

Hello, I've that $WINDOWS~.BT which doesn't seems to be auto deleted by Windows 10.

There is no "Previous Windows installation" entry in Disk Cleanup utility for that disk.

Can't delete most of it manually due to "Folder access denied" error message.

What can I do next?

:)

Denis K [](), Oct 3, 2019
  2. AFTommy Win User

Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

Can't delete $WINDOWS~.BT folder (disk cleanup won't help) [​IMG]

AFTommy, Oct 3, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Can't delete $WINDOWS~.BT folder (disk cleanup won't help)

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Can't delete $WINDOWS~.BT folder (disk cleanup won't help)

1. Can't delete $WINDOWS~.BT folder (disk cleanup won't help) - Similar Threads - Can't delete $WINDOWS~

2. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  3. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  4. $windows.~bt folder will not delete and is not deleted by disk cleanup run as administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    $windows.~bt folder will not delete and is not deleted by disk cleanup run as administrator.: The $windows.~bt folder has never been a problem but after an inplace upgrade to cure a failed update this week, the folder and 16 gigs of data would not delete! All the techs are telling me it is an essential part of the OS. But unless something changed in the terrible...
  5. how to delete Windows BT folder ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to delete Windows BT folder ??: I am trying to do a fresh windows install via Refresh Tool and cant because it says couldn't start please try after pc reboot.After quite a bit of google-ing i found out that i need to delete the Windows BT Folder, but i can't even in safe mode because it says that i need...
  6. Disk Cleanup doesn't remove $WINDOWS.~BT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Cleanup doesn't remove $WINDOWS.~BT: Attempt to launch `cleanmgr` on the C:\ drive. Use the button `Clean up system files` to compute how to remove the `$WINDOWS.~BT` folder. There is no option in the `Files to delete:` section about removing the folder. How do I recover this space? Running the `cleanmgr` as...
  7. Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders: Hi, I am using Disk cleanup tools to clean my PC once in a while. I found a problem while trying to clean my Download folder. As per the size stated in Disk Cleanup, my Download folder is empty 0kb. But in actual fact, there are still some big sizes folders in the Download...
  8. Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup

Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup: I'm not aware that in newer version of Windows 10 (i don't know in what particular update) that they included in Disk clean up the deletion of Download files. And now i can't recover anymore my files even using any recovery tools. I already downloaded many files in download...
  9. Windows 10240 Disk Cleanup Won't Delete Windows.old

Windows 10240 Disk Cleanup Won't Delete Windows.old: I just installed the latest build and as I have a rather small drive c: I wanted to delete the Windows.old files. I, had two of them. Disk Cleanup deleted Windows.old but left Windows.old(1). Not much left inside that Windows.old(1) folder but I can't delete it. Any...
  10. How to delete $Windows.~BT folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete $Windows.~BT folder: I have spent a lot of time trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my three year old Dell Inspiron desktop, but cannot do so. I'm no techie, but it seems to me that it is a $Windows.~BT folder that is preventing me from doing so. From what I have read, Windows should have done so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cleanup system files won`t remove $windows bt files

2. $windows bt not showing in disk clean up