Windows 10: Cant delete windows edge shortcut

Discus and support Cant delete windows edge shortcut in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My computer recently updated to the most recent patch and it installed a new version of Edge by itself. I tried deleting it from the desktop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kingzing, Mar 18, 2020.

1. kingzing Win User

Cant delete windows edge shortcut

Hi,

My computer recently updated to the most recent patch and it installed a new version of Edge by itself. I tried deleting it from the desktop and it says I dont have permission to do this. How can I get this thing off my desktop?

Thanks

:)

kingzing, Mar 18, 2020

2. Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Cant delete windows edge shortcut

Edge Shortcut disappeared

Hello,

It is possible that several system files have been corrupted on your computer causing Microsoft Edge shortcut not to appear. To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you open the Microsoft Edge and try to pin it to your taskbar. You may refer to
    the steps below:

• Open Cortana.
    • Type Microsoft Edge.
    • Right-click on Microsoft Edge and select Pin to taskbar.

After you pin it back, you should be able to use Microsoft Edge properly without problems.

If the issue persists, we recommend running the System File Checker tool
    to repair missing or corrupted system files on your computer.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further help.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Cant delete windows edge shortcut

1. Cant delete windows edge shortcut - Similar Threads - Cant delete edge

2. Edge-shortcut...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge-shortcut...: Edge shortcut comes and go on it's own. That's on a computer with Windows 10 Home. I don't mind, it's there, but: Why can't it just stay there?? Instead of should I stay or should I go now?? :-D...
  3. Edge-shortcut...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge-shortcut...: Edge shortcut comes and go on it's own. That's on a computer with Windows 10 Home. I don't mind, it's there, but: Why can't it just stay there?? Instead of should I stay or should I go now?? :-D...
  4. Edge-shortcut...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Deleting A Shortcut

Deleting A Shortcut: Hi I have a shortcut that I want to delete I deleted the app and now I can not delete the shortcut. Also I Have Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-shortcut/4d10d793-84f2-4837-a5ba-bd18921c8a3d
  6. Cant delete a shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete a shortcut: hello, i want to a delete a lot of shortcuts but when i will delete them, even from the bin they will like restore and show me again. nothing is working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-shortcut/05e9a71d-619e-47d1-8107-44c09afc690f
  7. Cant delete a shortcut

Cant delete a shortcut: hello, i want to a delete a lot of shortcuts but when i will delete them, even from the bin they will like restore and show me again. nothing is working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-shortcut/05e9a71d-619e-47d1-8107-44c09afc690f
  8. Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop

Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop: Hello, This may seem like a stupid question but I was going to delete the Microsoft edge shortcut from my Windows 10 desktop and wanted to make sure I wasn't deleting the actual application. I remember when I was a kid I was cleaning my desktop and deleted what I thought...
  9. Shortcut for Edge

Shortcut for Edge: The best thing Internet Explorer could do was put a shortcut on your desktop, a very convenient thing to do. Edge has a feature where you can go to Internet Explorer, presumably to put a shortcut on your desktop. Why not put that feature on Edge, so you can directly put a...
  10. cant delete saved bookmark in edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    cant delete saved bookmark in edge browser: is there a way? I need to delete some old bookmarks no longer active. 63943