Windows 10: Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line

Discus and support Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a PC with two accounts, one with admin privileges and one without. When in the non-admin account, I create a scheduled task with the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jamie Garroch MVP, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line

I have a PC with two accounts, one with admin privileges and one without.

When in the non-admin account, I create a scheduled task with the following command:

schtasks /Create /SC DAILY /ST 07:00 /TN "MyTask" /TR "MyCommand" /F

This works as expected and creates the task in the root folder, which I can see in the Task Scheduler app.

When switching accounts to the admin one I try to delete the task as follows:

schtasks /Delete /TN MyTask

This returns the following error:

The specified task name "MyTask" does not exist in the system.

Yet I can see the task in the Task Scheduler app.

Why can't I delete it?

:)

Jamie Garroch MVP, Jul 23, 2020

2. Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line

I have a PC with two accounts, one with admin privileges and one without.

When in the non-admin account, I create a scheduled task with the following command:

Code:
    schtasks /Create /SC DAILY /ST 07:00 /TN "MyTask" /TR "MyCommand" /F
    This works as expected and creates the task in the root folder, which I can see in the Task Scheduler app.

When switching accounts to the admin one I try to delete the task as follows:

Code:
    schtasks /Delete /TN MyTask
    This returns the following error:

Code:
    The specified task name "MyTask" does not exist in the system.
    Yet I can see the task in the Task Scheduler app.

Why can't I delete it?

Jamie Garroch (MVP), Aug 1, 2020
  3. Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line :)

Naki, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line

1. Can't delete Windows Scheduled Task from command line - Similar Threads - Can't delete Scheduled

2. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  3. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  4. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why would a script run from the command line but not in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why would a script run from the command line but not in Task Scheduler?: It's a Python script and it runs perfectly from a cmd prompt but returns an 0x1 error in Task Scheduler. The path to Python is correct. The path to the script is correct. The Task is running under my name with admin permissions. A search hasn't turned-up anything relevant...
  6. Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Task Scheduler task return 0x1 error but work fine from command line?: I have a script that runs fine from the command line. When it runs from Task Scheduler using the same user account it returns a 0x1 error. I've been trying to debug it for several days now to no avail. What are some reasons it might be doing this? Screen captures submitted...
  7. Deleting files with command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files with command line: I used del filename and it was successfully deleted. I also used dir to double check. However, when I checked the Recycle Bin; the file wasn't found inside. Was this file permanently deleted?...
  8. Create an advanced Scheduled Task from the Command Line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Create an advanced Scheduled Task from the Command Line: Hello. I'm trying to create a scheduled task to run a batch file on Windows 10 using either the command prompt or Powershell. When I create the task with the Task Scheduler GUI, it works perfectly. However, when I try to re-create that same task with the command line, there...
  9. Task Manager Command Line Arguments?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Command Line Arguments?: Rather low priority and eccentric inquiry. I'm looking to see if anyone knows of ways to control the launch of Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) with various visual options. In my case *every time* I run TaskMgr I do the following manually, and would love to have it automated...
  10. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...