Windows 10: Can't delete WindowsApps and other backup folders from storage drive

Discus and support Can't delete WindowsApps and other backup folders from storage drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I recently created a backup or restore point (im not sure which at this point) But it has created several folders, namely: Program Files, WindowsApps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Skitzzy, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Skitzzy Win User

Can't delete WindowsApps and other backup folders from storage drive

I recently created a backup or restore point (im not sure which at this point) But it has created several folders, namely: Program Files, WindowsApps and WpSystem, all of which are in my secondary hard drive. Windows does not recognize that I have a backup (or some remains of, I may have cancelled the backup partway through the process) in the control panel or in any backup or restore options. I have tried to force delete these files using cmd, powershell, transferring ownership, however i cannot delete them as they are either not found (in the command prompt) or are in use by SYSTEM. Any idea how I can delete these folders?

:)

Skitzzy, Oct 2, 2019
  2. jkteddy77 Win User

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Oct 2, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

There are two tools essential tools that everyone one should always have - Macrium Reflect Free and a dishwasher. *Smile.

cereberus, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Can't delete WindowsApps and other backup folders from storage drive

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete WindowsApps and other backup folders from storage drive :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete WindowsApps and other backup folders from storage drive :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Can't delete WindowsApps and other backup folders from storage drive

1. Can't delete WindowsApps and other backup folders from storage drive - Similar Threads - Can't delete WindowsApps

2. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  3. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  4. Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?: I had two WindowsApps folders in the “program files” folder, one was in my system drive and one was in my other internal hard drive. The one in my system drive did not allow me to open it, while the one in my other hard drive let me open it. I deleted the WindowsApps folder...
  5. Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?

Is it ok to delete the “WindowsApps” folder in hard drives other than the system drive?: I had two WindowsApps folders in the “program files” folder, one was in my system drive and one was in my other internal hard drive. The one in my system drive did not allow me to open it, while the one in my other hard drive let me open it. I deleted the WindowsApps folder...
  6. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  7. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  8. I can't delete the windowsapps folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete the windowsapps folder.: I already done the instructions in the "How to delete the 'WindowsApps' folder on Windows 10" but i still cant delete the folder. When i try to delete it it says "You require permission from *****/PC (which is me) to make changes to this folder. Please help me. Here is the...
  9. Can't Delete Windowsapp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Delete Windowsapp folder: I install my windowsapp games on a separate hard drive. After reinstalling windows, I am no longer able to access or delete this folder. Most of the drive is being used by files and folders I CANNOT format or delete. So formatting the drive is not an option. I have tried...
  10. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?: I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied. I tried changing the permissions to my admin account and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete windowsapps folder on hard drive

2. deleting windowsapp folder

3. delete windowsapps folder from another hard drive