Windows 10: Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005

Discus and support Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had my WindowsApps folder set up in the D drive. The other day I reinstalled Windows on my C drive, after which the folder on the D drive was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gisbitus, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Gisbitus Win User

Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005

I had my WindowsApps folder set up in the D drive. The other day I reinstalled Windows on my C drive, after which the folder on the D drive was not recognized, but that was to be expected. The problem is that I now can't delete it, even after successfully changing the permissions to access it. After managing to get permissions, while trying to delete it the prompt will tell me that the files inside are no longer located inside the folder. As a second option, I tried changing where apps are installed in the settings, hoping the new folder would overwrite the older one. Windows asks me if I want

:)

Gisbitus, Dec 9, 2021
  2. jkteddy77 Win User

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Dec 9, 2021
  3. cereberus Win User
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

There are two tools essential tools that everyone one should always have - Macrium Reflect Free and a dishwasher. *Smile.

cereberus, Dec 9, 2021
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005

WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk

I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media on a USB or CD.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted from it (spam-pressing F8 during startup),
    I clicked "browse my files for an image", but for real it open up a windows explorer interface.
    Navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it.
    It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

jkteddy77, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - Can't delete WindowsApps

2. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.: Windows 10 I bought a SSD card and made it my primary system. Since the HHD that i used before isn't the system disk anymore, i can delete the WIndows folder right? But i can't. I tried changing the ownership, but it still tells me to get permission from the desktop. i tried...
  3. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.: Windows 10 I bought a SSD card and made it my primary system. Since the HHD that i used before isn't the system disk anymore, i can delete the WIndows folder right? But i can't. I tried changing the ownership, but it still tells me to get permission from the desktop. i tried...
  4. I can't delete the windows folder on my secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005: I had my WindowsApps folder set up in the D drive. The other day I reinstalled Windows on my C drive, after which the folder on the D drive was not recognized, but that was to be expected. The problem is that I now can't delete it, even after successfully changing the...
  6. Can't delete or take ownership of Windows Apps in secondary drive after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't delete or take ownership of Windows Apps in secondary drive after reinstalling windows: So, I reinstalled windows 10 via windows 10 itself, and I choose to keep my files, but all my windows 10 apps were deleted. Oh well, I though, that's just how things go, but my problems began when I couldn't install my xbox game pass games on my D: drive. That is, I couldn't...
  7. Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete useless windows folder on a secondary drive: Hello, I'm trying to delete a secondary windows folder I have on a secondary drive. (obviously it's not the one i'm booting from) The problem is that I can't. I'm the owner of the folder and all sub-folders and files, and when I'm deleting it it will say "you need permission...
  8. Can't Delete Windowsapp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Delete Windowsapp folder: I install my windowsapp games on a separate hard drive. After reinstalling windows, I am no longer able to access or delete this folder. Most of the drive is being used by files and folders I CANNOT format or delete. So formatting the drive is not an option. I have tried...
  9. WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk

in Windows 10 Support
    WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk: I have an SSD (This PC) for Windows, HDD (secondary disk) for files and whatnot. Running Windows 10 64-bit Home. I saw that you could move apps to another disk through Apps & features in Settings, so I decided to try it out. I moved an app to my secondary disk, and it...
  10. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?: I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied. I tried changing the permissions to my admin account and...