Windows 10: Can't delete Work/School account from my pc???

Discus and support Can't delete Work/School account from my pc??? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi , I just added my School account to my pc , but i cant delete it from my pc does anyone know why?Thankyou.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheTalismanx, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Can't delete Work/School account from my pc???

Hi , I just added my School account to my pc , but i cant delete it from my pc does anyone know why?Thankyou.

:)

TheTalismanx, Mar 11, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error related to your email account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “I deleted the e-mail account” do you mean deleting the Microsoft account or deleting the account from your computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to login to the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts, and select
      Access work or school
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the email account and select
      Disconnect
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to try converting the account to a local account and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 11, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How to Delete a disabled school Microsoft account

Hi Abi_29,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Are you able to log into your own account on the PC?

If you can log into your own account, click the start button, then just type netplwiz and press Enter.

Please provide a screenshot of the resulting utility.

Open the Settings App.

Go to Accounts.

Select Emails and Accounts, is there is a work or school Email listed there?

Select Access Work or School, is there is a work or school Email listed there?

if you cannot log into your PC if that school account is the only one on the PC, the only option will be to reset Windows or clean install windows from a bootable USB.

DaveM121, Mar 11, 2023
  4. Can't delete Work/School account from my pc???

Unable to login to PC using Deleted School email account

Hi Michel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when you are unable to access the PC using the university account.

1. Do you have any other user account configured on the PC?
    2. Were you able to login using the new Microsoft account previously?
    3. Did you purchase the Windows 10 license from Microsoft store?

As you have mentioned that the school email account have been deleted, in that case you may not be able to login to the PC using the same password.

Also, if you have purchased the license from Microsoft store then I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Microsoft Accounts & Billing support team.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 11, 2023
Thema:

Can't delete Work/School account from my pc???

1. Can't delete Work/School account from my pc??? - Similar Threads - Can't delete School

2. Can't disassociate a work or school microsoft account from my personal pc because it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disassociate a work or school microsoft account from my personal pc because it is...: I recently bought a new pc with windows on which I put my work or school Microsoft account on teams, it then somehow associated itself with the device and is now managed by intune. This led to a plethora of problems such as antivirus software being installed on my pc without...
  3. Can't disassociate a work or school microsoft account from my personal pc because it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disassociate a work or school microsoft account from my personal pc because it is...: I recently bought a new pc with windows on which I put my work or school Microsoft account on teams, it then somehow associated itself with the device and is now managed by intune. This led to a plethora of problems such as antivirus software being installed on my pc without...
  4. Can't delete Work/School account from my pc???

Can't delete Work/School account from my pc???: Hi , I just added my School account to my pc , but i cant delete it from my pc does anyone know why?Thankyou. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-workschool-account-from-my-pc/190b8cdf-eda9-49f3-9411-064e31bcbff5
  5. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disconnect my school account from my pc: I can't disconnect my work account from my pc, I've done the regular steps, go to settings, accounts, access work or school, and then disconnect. I can do everything but disconnect, because the disconnect button is greyed out, and idk how to change this. How do I fix...
  6. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

I can't disconnect my school account from my pc: I can't disconnect my work account from my pc, I've done the regular steps, go to settings, accounts, access work or school, and then disconnect. I can do everything but disconnect, because the disconnect button is greyed out, and idk how to change this. How do I fix...
  7. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Remove work or school account from PC

Remove work or school account from PC: I have connected my school account to my PC a few weeks ago and now I'm realizing that some of my settings on my PC are controlled by my school. For example, I can not use a PIN in order to log on since my "organization" controls that setting. I have tried to remove the...
  9. Deleting a "work or school" email account

Deleting a "work or school" email account: I acquired a "work or school" email account to correspond remotely with a business that I was working with. This account was within that business's network. That relationship is no longer active and I want to delete that secondary email account from my PC. I can't figure out...
  10. Can't seem to remove work or school account from my "Email & Accounts"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't seem to remove work or school account from my "Email & Accounts": I left an organization but, the work or school account that i configured when I was with them seem to be stuck. I don't get the option to disconnect but just manage and then it asks for password, but obviously they locked me when I left and now every now and then i get the...