Windows 10: cant detect 2 displays at once with amd radeon 6850

Discus and support cant detect 2 displays at once with amd radeon 6850 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello all, So ive recently done a fresh install of windows 10 on my PC but it can not detect both monitors at the same time. I can swap from one or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ganonshin, Aug 20, 2015.

1. ganonshin Win User

cant detect 2 displays at once with amd radeon 6850

Hello all,

So ive recently done a fresh install of windows 10 on my PC but it can not detect both monitors at the same time. I can swap from one or the other.

Windows 10 just isnt detecting the 2nd monitor while the first is already detected and being used. however i can select 2nd display and it will switch to it. I normally have both monitors with windows 7 which i do not use now because i have windows 10.

my PC spec is intel i5 3570k, 8gb ram, radeon 6850 if more info is needed i can provide it.

Thank you.

:)

ganonshin, Aug 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 Nov update caused my laptop to be stuck with a black screen.

Method 1 and 2 didn't work. But under the screen resolution settings. For the laptop screen that's there but cant detect it has

Display:"Available display output on: ( AMD Radeon HD 7520G)

Resolution: Grayed out

Multiple displays: No displays detected

Make this my main display,advanced settings and apply ate grayed out.

My graphics driver is up to date how it detects a generic PNP Monitor on my AMD Radeon HD 7520G. I don't know why its listed as generic

Perfected27, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Has anybody had this issue

It started when I upgraded From Asus Radeon HD 5750 Card to Asus Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon HD 6850 Series X2 to be exact I know its not much of an upgrade but i couldn't pass up the deal ! anyway my Motherboard is ASUS 970 Pro / Gamers Aura Amd version
    My Cpu Is AMD FX 8330 With Samsung M.2 256 ghz 850 , I downloaded software asus for the Cards Crossfire set up I am not that tech savy but i some how hold my own , Hope this informations help !

StanVonasek, Aug 20, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

And you`ve installed the latest AMD drivers etc ???

AddRAM, Aug 20, 2015
  5. ganonshin Win User
    Yes.
    Was still messing around with this and just right click the catalyst icon on the right hand of task bar, and saw 6 amd radeon 6800 series with arrows to the right. so the second one had extend desktop in bold click it and it worked.

Windows 10 still doesnt detect it though but problem solved.

Thank you *Smile

ganonshin, Aug 20, 2015
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Excellent, good work *Smile

Must be an AMD thing, nvidia has no problems with that.

That card is old, time to upgrade.

AddRAM, Aug 20, 2015
  7. ganonshin Win User
    yeh, will do when oculus rift and valve vive come out. not sure which one ill buy though but will need a very good card to run games at max settings at least. £500 - £600 (1000 dollars us) should be enough i think.

ganonshin, Aug 20, 2015
  8. AddRAM Win User

$1000 US is more then enough, you can go with an nvidia GTX 980 Ti for less then that, and an AMD card would be even cheaper.

AddRAM, Aug 20, 2015
  9. ganonshin Win User
    yes, i could get it now but dont really game on pc much. ill wait till the vr headsets are out and ill get more for my money that way. i was tempted to get the 980 ti though *Smile

ganonshin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cant detect 2 displays at once with amd radeon 6850 - Similar Threads - cant detect displays

2. Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.: I am going to just explain this the most thorough and concise way possible. I have recently many AMD update available notifications, bht whenever I opened it I needed a OpenCL.dll so i downloaded and pasted that in and it says im not compatitble so fast forward a week and i...
  3. Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.: I am going to just explain this the most thorough and concise way possible. I have recently many AMD update available notifications, bht whenever I opened it I needed a OpenCL.dll so i downloaded and pasted that in and it says im not compatitble so fast forward a week and i...
  4. Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. AMD Radeon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon: Hi Folks, I got this:- - [img] - When I used Device Manager to get updated driver I got:- - [img] Can you please advise? 164406
  6. AMD RADEON HD 7670 M IS NOT DETECTED

AMD RADEON HD 7670 M IS NOT DETECTED: HELLO, I HAVE DELL INSPIRON 15 3521 INTEL[R] CORE i3 3227U WITH INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4000 AND AMD RADEON HD 7670 M BUT NOW ONLY INTEL IS WORKING AMD IS NOT. I HAVE TRIED RESETTING MY PC AND REINSTALLED FRESH WINDOWS BUT AMD IS STILL NOT FOUND WHEN I RUN RADEON SOFTWARE IT POPS...
  7. Cant Open AMD radeon software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant Open AMD radeon software: Cant Open AMD radeon software i was recentky updateing AMD radeon software when i got a error code and said the update couldnt be complete so i closed the program and now it will never open again even on a differnt user on the PC...
  8. AMD Radeon error - to detect the 2nd monitor

AMD Radeon error - to detect the 2nd monitor: Hi. I've just updated from 8.1 to Win 10. I saw a notification about AMD Radeon doesn't work with Win 10. In the device manager, the AMD Radeon driver is having trouble. I've tried to uninstall it and update, but it doesn't work. I saw other people's trouble, so I went...
  9. AMD Radeon

AMD Radeon: Why do I have this on my computer? I don't play games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon/6b7296b3-6ea9-4f13-9a55-8e2384167250
  10. AMD Radeon FreeSync 2 is now here

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Radeon FreeSync 2 is now here: y4FQbVwirKM ​AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced Radeon FreeSync™ 2 technology, the next major milestone in delivering smooth gameplay and advanced pixel integrity to gamers, with planned availability to consumers in 1H 2017. Qualifying FreeSync™ 2 monitors will harness...