Windows 10: Can't detect 5ghz network with 802.11n mode on

Discus and support Can't detect 5ghz network with 802.11n mode on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't detect my 5ghz network with my computer, and I know it should support it. I can connect to the network on other devices, but not this one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexAshworth, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Can't detect 5ghz network with 802.11n mode on

I can't detect my 5ghz network with my computer, and I know it should support it. I can connect to the network on other devices, but not this one. Please help!

:)

AlexAshworth, Oct 23, 2018

2. Does lumia 800 really support WiFi-N networks?

The Lumia 800 doesn't detect my 5GHz 11n network (Linksys WRT610N), which is working fine with my HP Touchpad. My guess is the Lumia doesn't support 11n 5GHz, only 11n 2.4GHz, which is disappointing.

milhousevh, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Rob_Dn Win User
    5GHz WiFi network not detected in Windows 10 in Bootcamp

Hi,

Windows 10 Pro does not detect a 5GHz WiFi network.

Others in my office are using Windows 10 and they can connect to the 5GHz wifi although they have an Intel wireless adapter, mine is Broadcom.

We have one 2.4 GHz and one 5GHz wireless network setup in our office, but my Windows 10 only shows the 2.4GHz network in the list of available connections.

There is a wall between my room and the wireless routers but even if I take my laptop to the router room it still does not pick up the 5GHz network.

The 2.4GHz network works but the connection is slow unless I take my laptop to the router room.

I'm running Windows 10 on Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro.

When I boot into OSX it successfully detects and connects to the 5GHz network but when booted to Windows 10 it only picks up the 2.4GHz network. The network adapter obviously supports 5GHz as it works in OSX.

Here are my system specs:

• Macbook Pro 2012
    • Intel i5 dual core 2.5GHz
    • RAM 4GB
    • OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
    • Bootcamp Windows 10 Pro 64bit - version 15511 - OS build 10586.494
    • Wireless network adapter: Airport Extreme / Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    • Driver version 7.35.118.40
    • Driver date 24 July 2015
    • Radio types supported 802.11n 802.11a 802.11g 802.11b

Can anyone help me make the 5GHz work under Windows 10?

Many thanks

Rob

Can't detect 5ghz network with 802.11n mode on 123bd402-69f0-438c-86a2-c8e419532c52.png

Rob_Dn, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Can't detect 5ghz network with 802.11n mode on

Lumia 950XL 5GHz wifi issue

Thanks for your replay Mr. Jack but I have tried everything resetting my phone, router also but I have never seen my phone show the 5Ghz networks....!!! Anything else u can suggest?? It works well with the 2.5Ghz network...!! I have other phones at home which
    connects to the 5Ghz network and works fine..!! It's only my 950xl which doesn't show the 5Ghz network...!!

jebinbosco, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Can't detect 5ghz network with 802.11n mode on

1. Can't detect 5ghz network with 802.11n mode on - Similar Threads - Can't detect 5ghz

2. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.: Hello, my issue is that whenever I try to connect to the 5GHz version of my WiFi network, I get the error "Can't connect to this network" but I can connect to my 2.4GHz WiFi network just fine. I found a solution, it's to run the network adapter troubleshooter, Settings >...
  3. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.: Hello, my issue is that whenever I try to connect to the 5GHz version of my WiFi network, I get the error "Can't connect to this network" but I can connect to my 2.4GHz WiFi network just fine. I found a solution, it's to run the network adapter troubleshooter, Settings >...
  4. 5ghz networks not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5ghz networks not visible: So a while back i was able to connect and use 5ghz networks but after a update i think i couldn't see or connect to 5ghz networks. I did so research to see if anyone else had the same problem but no it was just me. I also came across something saying that you need a '802.11n'...
  5. Cannot detect 5Ghz Wifi

Cannot detect 5Ghz Wifi: My Asus Zenbook UX305CA used to be able to connect to 5Ghz wifi router but ever since the lastest update from Windows 10. It no longer can detect 5Ghz wifi signal but only 2.4Ghz. I have googled for the solution but none seems to be able to solve my problem. I am using...
  6. 5Ghz can't be detected on windows 10.

5Ghz can't be detected on windows 10.: My windows 10 can't detect 5ghz network, all the other devices can. Everything is compatible, 5ghz is on , drivers are up to date and it still can't be detected....
  7. Can't detect 5GHz wifi.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't detect 5GHz wifi.: Hey. my Windows 10 Pro N can't detect my 5GHz wifi, i have checked if my pc and wireless adapter are compatible with 5ghz , and they are. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-detect-5ghz-wifi/56623eb6-ea4b-4ad0-9e5a-2ace01623284
  8. Connecting to 5ghz Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to 5ghz Network: So, I recently gota new router and one of features of the router is the ability to have a 2.4ghz band and a 5ghz band on the same SSID. The reason that this feature was appealing to me was because I just want everything connected to a single network for using devices like...
  9. i can't detect 5GHz Wifi

i can't detect 5GHz Wifi: Hello, I own Asus TUF Gaming FX505DD with wireless adapter Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC. I use Huawei B618s-65d as wireless router with unifi simcard. I already set my router to use both 2.4GHz and 5GHz with different name and my smartphone can connect to...
  10. 5Ghz Network Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    5Ghz Network Issue: Now I've searched online and have seen the typical response of "update the drivers" or "enable 802.11n mode" and both have been done. Now my issue is mainly that I can connect to my wifi's 2G network but not the 5G network. Here is where it gets weird. 1: Windows CAN see 5G...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get 5ghz wifi when computer doesnt support it

2. can 802.11n connect to 5ghz

3. pc cant detect 5ghz

4. cant detect 5ghz network on laptop