Windows 10: Cant detect another display / Cant scroll in display settings

Discus and support Cant detect another display / Cant scroll in display settings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi! After windows update, I can't connect to my TV via HDMI. Have TV on screen 1 and PC monitor on screen 2. The strange thing is that when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by galenika, Oct 19, 2018.

1. galenika Win User

Cant detect another display / Cant scroll in display settings

Hi!

After windows update, I can't connect to my TV via HDMI. Have TV on screen 1 and PC monitor on screen 2.

The strange thing is that when I try to use Ctrl + P I cant switch between options (extend, duplicate...) its rolling me back all the time.
    Also when I'm in display settings I cant above button "detect" because it's rolling me back all the time

I tried the same HDMI cable on another laptop and it's work normally.
    I updated the driver for my graphics card, did not help.
    I uninstalled the driver from my graphics card in installing it again, did not help.
    I also switched HDMI cable from my Nvidia graphics card to graphics card on the motherboard but the problem is the same.

:)

galenika, Oct 19, 2018

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Oct 19, 2018
  4. n1trox Win User

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant detect another display / Cant scroll in display settings - Similar Threads - Cant detect another

2. Cant change display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change display.: I downgraded my windows from 11 to 10 on my laptop. the screen is damaged on laptop so i use my tv for display with HDMI. after upgrading when i try to switch display Win + P, the shortcut appears but however i try it doesnt work. any help on how i can change display mode...
  3. Cant change display.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change display.: I downgraded my windows from 11 to 10 on my laptop. the screen is damaged on laptop so i use my tv for display with HDMI. after upgrading when i try to switch display Win + P, the shortcut appears but however i try it doesnt work. any help on how i can change display mode...
  4. Cant change display.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cant open display settings or personalization option

cant open display settings or personalization option: HI Its new windows 10 home laptop this problem occuring only in administrator account working fine in other user accounts i have done system restore and sfc scan too but no luck so far pls see attached picture thank you [IMG]...
  6. I cant set my display to 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant set my display to 1920x1080: I know someone already asked this, but im using a Dell Pavilion not sure of the model running Windows 10, My HDMI is busted and im resorting to using a PC cable yes those exist and i cant set my resolution to 1920x1080 using a Toshiba TV and it will end up with a black screen...
  7. Didn't Detect another Display Setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Didn't Detect another Display Setting: HP Envy x360 convertible. I keep getting an error called Didn't detect another Display setting when the laptop and monitor are hooked through a brand new HDMI cord with Brand New monitor. The Display Adapter has been updated. Windows has been updated. Noting seems to...
  8. Pictures cant be displayed in MAIL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures cant be displayed in MAIL: Has this question been resolved? I've made suggested adjustments to no avail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-cant-be-displayed-in-mail/ac4da866-6ebf-4f66-88c1-2b97bdd390b2
  9. Cant change display langauge

Cant change display langauge: my pc always had display language of enlgish, after downloading a japanese keyboard, for some reason the whol display language changed to japanese. no language packs are showing preventing me from changing it back, despite me already having english language pack downloaded....
  10. Cant change displayed language

Cant change displayed language: cant change widnows displayed language to english from a language i cant read. install language packs arent showing, and i cant install any. how can i change the language to english. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...