Windows 10: Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello.

Discus and support Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I checked the device manager it said working properly. so I go to setup my fingerprint and it is not available to detect my fingerprint on this device.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Wyatt K, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Wyatt K Win User

Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello.

I checked the device manager it said working properly. so I go to setup my fingerprint and it is not available to detect my fingerprint on this device. I have tried other product. It used to work fine. Now it won't work after I updated the new version of windows. Is there any way to fix this issue? Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello. 25c839e9-d297-44e9-80fe-f0258fabf586?upload=true.png

:)

Wyatt K, Nov 5, 2018

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Hello fingerprint scanner

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates--> Windows Components-->
    Biometrics--> Facial Feature

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Use enhance anti spoofing when available.
    • Select enable option and click on Apply and
      OK button.
    Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options tab.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello.

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello.

1. Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello. - Similar Threads - Can't detect Fingerprint

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello Fingerprint: So In my laptop ASUS X509JA the fingerprint was not working since the last update from windows updates at 2/10/2021 so my question is this common issue with this update or what is it probably i checked every possible ways to fix it but it didn't work so will this be fixed in...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint: So In my laptop ASUS X509JA the fingerprint was not working since the last update from windows updates at 2/10/2021 so my question is this common issue with this update or what is it probably i checked every possible ways to fix it but it didn't work so will this be fixed in...
  4. Windows Hello fingerprint not recognizing my fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello fingerprint not recognizing my fingerprint: Every time I redo it, it always goes fine until up to the last two bars, then it just stops working [ATTACH] It goes up to this area every single time...
  5. Windows Hello fingerprint sensor(external) not always detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello fingerprint sensor(external) not always detected: I'm plugging it in via USB hub because I'm on an iMac and that's the only ergonomic way to do it. Reaching around the back side is ridiculous. But 50% of the time I get to the lock screen it's not detected. I verified other devices on the hub are working. Is it just that at...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint

Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hello, my laptop is Asus Vivobook S15 X510UN with i5 8th gen, MX150, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD & 12GB RAM. My fingerprint scanner worked well before I switched to Administrator user and removed the previous one. It keeps showing 'something went wrong' when I try to set up my...
  7. windows hello fingerprint

windows hello fingerprint: I downloaded windows 10 pro on my macbook pro i9 with touch ID. However, windows hello fingerprint is not working. when trying to activate it, i got the message :"we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint". Any advice???...
  8. Windows Hello can't detect my camera

Windows Hello can't detect my camera: I have a brand new Thinkpad T480S running Windows 10. I tried to enable face sign in and I got an error saying it couldn't tunr on teh camera. Now I don't see the face sign in option under Windows Hello. Any idea how to get it back? Thanks Joe...
  9. WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT

WINDOWS HELLO FINGERPRINT: Hi! Previously i've been using the windows hello fingerprint. But suudenly it cant be use anymore. any solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint/ad476902-64d0-4c34-bc8b-b6536eb02dfa
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint

Windows Hello Fingerprint: when I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, the message shows "something went wrong. try again later." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint/138f8868-fe3c-459e-b311-898a6c258493