Windows 10: Can't detect second screen after update - tried all the usual fixes

Discus and support Can't detect second screen after update - tried all the usual fixes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Over the weekend an update was done on my computer. EVERY TIME an update is done my computer can no longer detect my second monitor. This time I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamieCPA.net, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Can't detect second screen after update - tried all the usual fixes

Over the weekend an update was done on my computer. EVERY TIME an update is done my computer can no longer detect my second monitor. This time I am stumped. I have tried all of the usual fixes (updating graphics driver, rolling it back, uninstalling the update). Nothing is working and I am desperate to get me second screen back! I am an accountant that works remotely and the second screen is critical to working efficiently. Help!

:)

JamieCPA.net, Apr 15, 2019

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Can't detect second screen after update - tried all the usual fixes

Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Can't detect second screen after update - tried all the usual fixes

1. Can't detect second screen after update - tried all the usual fixes - Similar Threads - Can't detect second

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tried all the usual fixes but it's still giving me errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tried all the usual fixes but it's still giving me errors: I'm not sure what else to say, I've tried pretty much everything. Even did a clean install and it's still giving me issues. That should be the link for the dmp files and if anybody could figure it out that'd be amazing, my brain is mush right now...
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tried all the usual fixes but it's still giving me errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tried all the usual fixes but it's still giving me errors: I'm not sure what else to say, I've tried pretty much everything. Even did a clean install and it's still giving me issues. That should be the link for the dmp files and if anybody could figure it out that'd be amazing, my brain is mush right now...
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tried all the usual fixes but it's still giving me errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't detect a second monitor: HiMy laptop don't find my second monitor, I already try the window's + P, unistalling the drivers and reinstalling again and nothing, the second monitor is always in black.In the past this monitor works but after a windows updated the screen is always blackCan someone help me...
  6. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't detect a second monitor: HiMy laptop don't find my second monitor, I already try the window's + P, unistalling the drivers and reinstalling again and nothing, the second monitor is always in black.In the past this monitor works but after a windows updated the screen is always blackCan someone help me...
  7. Can't detect other screens after an Windows Update

Can't detect other screens after an Windows Update: Hello, Yesterday, after an Windows update, I stopped being able to duplicate my laptop screen to a TV screen and when in Settings/Display, the Detect button simply doesn't find any other displays. I thought of uninstalling, but the option for that one KB4559309 wasn't...
  8. Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10

Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10: I recently upgraded to windows 10 64bit and now my second monitor is not working, the second monitor is connected from a vga to displayport adapter and it worked fine in windows 7. I tired using the force detect but it still can't be detected and i have the latest graphics...
  9. Can't detect second screen

Can't detect second screen: Windows can't detect my second monitor. The monitor has an VGA connection and my laptop an HDMI connection, so I'm using an HDMI to VGA adapter. My computer: Lenovo IdeaPad S340 My Windows version: Windows 10 Home Updated: I run windows update, the version is the last one...
  10. Second monitor can't be detected after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second monitor can't be detected after windows update.: Updates have been wreaking havoc on my computer over the last few months. In a couple of cases I was able to regain normal operation by rolling back the update via system restore. However, twice now including today the update has left my computer (HP Pavilion laptop) unable...