Windows 10: Can't detect second screen

Discus and support Can't detect second screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows can't detect my second monitor. The monitor has an VGA connection and my laptop an HDMI connection, so I'm using an HDMI to VGA adapter. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XavierC123, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Can't detect second screen

Windows can't detect my second monitor. The monitor has an VGA connection and my laptop an HDMI connection, so I'm using an HDMI to VGA adapter.

• My computer: Lenovo IdeaPad S340
    • My Windows version: Windows 10 Home
    • Updated: I run windows update, the version is the last one

Here's what I tried:

• Unplug the cable and plug it again, one minute later
    • Unplug the screen from power and plug it again one minute later
    • Went to windows configuration and tried to "detect" screen, but it can't detect any screen. Here's what I can see:

Windows can't find the second monitor:

Can't detect second screen 64bd5a14-e38b-46ff-8e1e-7fc39bf8dba0?upload=true.png

I can see different options for configuration, but only "show in screen 1" works. The other ones show an error message:

Can't detect second screen d2b7f1ab-ec82-498d-b08d-670d569585ab?upload=true.png

If I go to "advanced settings", I can find the second screen, but it says it is "inactive":

Can't detect second screen c3d9b599-f3cc-4c43-aaae-03782ee98234?upload=true.png

• In the device manager, I can find under screen adapters "IntelR IrisR Plus Graphics". Under monitors I can find "Monitor PnP genérico" integrated monitor and Fujitsu SL22W-1 LED second monitor.
    • I enabled and unabled those devices
    • I updated the controlers for those devices
    • I uninstalled and reinstalled those devices

And so far, nothing is making Windows to work also on the second monitor.

However, I tried with another computer and with the same second monitor, and it is working correctly. On this other computer, I tried both a direct VGA connection and a VGA-Adapter VGA/HDMI-HDMI connection. Both worked correctly. So, the problem is not on the second monitor nor in the adapter.

Could you please provide with some hints or solutions to this problem? Thank you.

:)

XavierC123, Mar 17, 2020

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Can't detect second screen

Windows 10 won't detect second screen

I don't even have the option to choose another screen - Detect screen doesn't detect anything

Plus if you look through that thread you'll see that most users have the same issue without a solution

Amichai Naveh Marmor, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't detect second screen

1. Can't detect second screen - Similar Threads - Can't detect second

2. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't detect a second monitor: HiMy laptop don't find my second monitor, I already try the window's + P, unistalling the drivers and reinstalling again and nothing, the second monitor is always in black.In the past this monitor works but after a windows updated the screen is always blackCan someone help me...
  3. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't detect a second monitor: HiMy laptop don't find my second monitor, I already try the window's + P, unistalling the drivers and reinstalling again and nothing, the second monitor is always in black.In the past this monitor works but after a windows updated the screen is always blackCan someone help me...
  4. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer can't detect second monitor

computer can't detect second monitor: I recently restored my system from a recovery usb stick. I am currently dual booting Windows and Linux. When I use Linux, my computer can use the second monitor just fine, so the monitor itself works. When I go to Display and click Detect, it says "Didn't detect another...
  6. windows can't detect my second monitor

windows can't detect my second monitor: last week I bought a new monitor. the first time I turn on the monitor it's working properly, the next day unfortunately when I turn on the monitor. my laptop detected and connect the monitor in a few seconds then reject to connect again. as it connected in a few seconds...
  7. Window not detecting second screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window not detecting second screen: It was working fine before the recent update. I've tried disabling/enabling the driver, update the driver, re-installing the driver, manually detect on the display setting, change HDMI cable, and nothing worked. please help submitted by /u/91837throwaway [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows can't detect a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't detect a second monitor.: Please help me before I lose my mind. I recently took out a screen from my old laptop, got the control board for it and decided to make it a 2nd monitor. As my graphics card only has 1 HMDI output that I use for my main monitor, this second monitor is connected by HDMI (on...
  9. second screen wont detect

second screen wont detect: Hi. Just trying to set up a second screen for my desktop pc. I have one VGA port in the PC, so bought a vga splitter. Plugged both in, main monitor works as it should, second monitor mirrors the main monitor and has the wrong resolution. Ive rebooted the PC, ive updated my...
  10. Windows 10 can't detect second monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 can't detect second monitor?: I've seen a few forum posts and even youtube videos about this issue but so far nothing has helped. The problem I have is that occasionally my PC will not detect my second monitor at all, as in its not even shown in display and it can't detect any other monitors and I just...