Windows 10: Can't detect the right driver for my graphic card

Discus and support Can't detect the right driver for my graphic card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 can't detect my graphic card, and the only details I remember about it is that it's a NVIDIA GeForce card between the years 2005-2007. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by random8019, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Can't detect the right driver for my graphic card

Windows 10 can't detect my graphic card, and the only details I remember about it is that it's a NVIDIA GeForce card between the years 2005-2007.
    I already tried NVIDIA Auto-detection tool (GeForce Experience) and it couldn't detect it, tried 'dxdiag', and Display Adapters under Device Manager, couldn't detect it too.
    Help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

random8019, Oct 28, 2015

2. My GTX 770M graphics card won't update

After I installed windows 10 It didn't download the driver needed for my graphics card to work, but when I went to install it myself it says that the driver can't even detect my card, so what do I do now?

XxRaVaGer00xX, Oct 28, 2015
  3. pepeat Win User
    how to connect graphics card in windows 10

windows 10 will not let me load new drivers for my NVidia graphics card. error: graphics card not detected

pepeat, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Can't detect the right driver for my graphic card

There is a small program called Speccy which gives you system information, and should tell you what Graphics card you are using:
    Speccy - System Information - Free Download
    or if you right click on the start menu and pick device manager, then click on display adapter, it might tell you there.

Cornishman, Oct 28, 2015
  5. Thanks for replying, I forgot to mention that I already used those methods, sorry.
    On Speccy it shows the following:' 'Generic Non-PnP Monitor on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'

random8019, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Have you got a video card build into your motherboard as well as the Geforce card?
    Perhaps you need to select it in the BIOS.
    My motherboard has a build in video card, and I also have a Nvidea Geforce card in one of the slots.

Cornishman, Oct 28, 2015
  7. The NVIDIA card I'm talking about is the built in one

So it appears that my card is: GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a
    I looked it up NVIDIA site and it seems there is no version for this driver for windows 10, what do I do in that case?

Thanks

random8019, Oct 28, 2015
  8. Can't detect the right driver for my graphic card

Cornishman, Oct 28, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    In your case you need to download and install nVidia chipset drivers from www.nvidia.com or www.nvidia.co.uk Go to downloads, All nVidia drivers, Product type: Legacy, Product series: nVidia nForce 6 series, Product: nForce 630a / GeForce 7025, Operating system: Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit (no 8 or 10 drivers, but they should work). Installing the chipset drivers it will also install graphics, audio, network and SATA, so you shouldn't need anything else.

spapakons, Oct 28, 2015
  10. random8019, Oct 28, 2015
  11. I'll check it out if something goes wrong in the future. For now it seems to work
    Thank you for your reply man!

random8019, Oct 28, 2015
  12. spapakons Win User
    You are welcome! Always remember that Windows is backwards compatible with earlier versions. So if no Windows 10 driver is available, use 8 or 7 or Vista. In 32-bit version even some XP drivers work (not all).

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't detect the right driver for my graphic card

1. Can't detect the right driver for my graphic card - Similar Threads - Can't detect right

2. my Graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my Graphic card: does intel hd 630 is the same as nvidia gtx 1050...because I just bought a laptop Lenovo legion intel i7 7th gen and nvidia GeForce gtx 1050 and I saw my gpu was named intel hd 630...are they same...
  3. Graphic Card Drivers

Graphic Card Drivers: Following various Windows 10 updates and with the last update 1809 I am having problems due to the fact that the Graphic Card drivers are not compatible with a video editing program. My Graphics Card is INTEL HD 530 and after the 1809 update it changed the driver to...
  4. Graphic card Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic card Driver: Windows10 ; 64Bit Installed a Nvidia Graphic card in my Desktop PC. Install went fine; had been using Onboard Graphic card; New Graphic Card is a PCI Card. On 1st Bootup I checked Device Mgr and it showed a Windows driver. I than clicked Update Driver....and a new Driver...
  5. Graphics card driver

Graphics card driver: I have recently gotten a new graphics card (Sapphire pulse RX570 8GB) for my computer. when I plugged the graphics card in and started my computer I downloaded the driver from the driver disc and restarted my computer. when I checked the device manager and checked the...
  6. Graphics card drivers refusing to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics card drivers refusing to work: i have a gtx 1060 6gb oc and in the device manager it is being detected as a standard Microsoft card auto updates detect that it is a gtx 1060 6gb but say there is an error installing i try nivdia drivers and it says my version of windows is incompatible (windows 10). i...
  7. My laptop can`t detect my graphic card after BsoD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My laptop can`t detect my graphic card after BsoD: Hi there.I cleaned my Asus K52SV laptop and made a new thermal paste.And then i reset Win10 a few days ago.After reset i was able to play game for a few hours till the game was crashing with "ERROR "Failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX9::LockVertexBuffer" and randomly BsoD...
  8. Have I got the right graphics card/monitor driver

Have I got the right graphics card/monitor driver: Hi When I go to my device manager and look under Monitors I see Generic PnP Monitor, this laptop is a Hp Compaq Pavillion CQ57. Why do I have this generic monitor loaded for my HP monitor?. I think Ive figured out what I need to do, go to device manager and uninstall the...
  9. Intel graphic card driver 530

Intel graphic card driver 530: Hi all , just found that my laptop doesn't wake up after I installed the inte display driver 530 , any ideas ? Thx 47430
  10. Is it my graphics card?

Is it my graphics card?: Hey everyone im new to this forum and I need some expertise. I recently built my first pc this summer and ive been having problems for the past 2 months with games crashing. At first they would only crash when a sound or spotify overlay came up. Now im getting graphics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dont detect the right graphics cards