Windows 10: Can't determine if it is ISP or Windows having weird issues with VOIP

Discus and support Can't determine if it is ISP or Windows having weird issues with VOIP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So where I am there is only one ISP to choose from , it had disclaimed once it does not favor VOIP apps because they are also a GSM providers and find... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Can't determine if it is ISP or Windows having weird issues with VOIP

So where I am there is only one ISP to choose from , it had disclaimed once it does not favor VOIP apps because they are also a GSM providers and find that VOIP is a major threat to GSM calls where they generate most their profit .

Later on the majority of VOIP apps were blocked for use all over here except for three services and those are Facebook Messenger , Skype and Viber .

Yet as public started to complain , the ISP stated that it has nothing to do with this .

People filing ticket support received the very same answer from all VOIP apps , that the received VOIP packets from that ISP are corrupted somehow .

People started believing that this come to be some Glomar situation where the ISP tries to achieve their goal without violation of T.O.S

Suddenly the majority of VOIP apps on android came back to work , along with Sony PS , surprisingly nothing yet on Windows PCs which seemed strange to everybody .

Only a VPN comes to let all these services work again .

There is a catch we do not understand however , with every Cumulative update in Windows , complete availability to VOIP apps is restored for 3 whole days , then its back to the busted state .

I am trying to figure what is going on here , are there actually filters they can use to block Windows VOIP apps just ? or is it actually Windows fault ? Could there be a Winsock fix for this ? and why may cumulative updates and that phenomena be related

P.S I am not talking on just my behalf , this happens on a global scale
    P.S2 I can not disclose more info

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 15, 2020

2. notebook won't accept my isp

Hi Kay,

We would like to know more details about your notebook not connecting to the ISP so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• What is the status of the connection in the system tray?
    • Are you connected to the WiFi hotspot but not getting Internet connectivity?
    • Have you made any changes before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try performing the troubleshooting steps in fixing connection issues in the following

link

We're looking forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jul 15, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Weird same batch of steps I have. Mine however was fixing the issue for windows 8 users *Laugh :laugh:

cdawall, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Can't determine if it is ISP or Windows having weird issues with VOIP

Windows 10 weird font issue

Hi Jason,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know:

• If the issue is specific to any web-browser?
    • Does the issue also occur with documents saved in your computer?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try in “in-Private” mode and check if it helps. Here is the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+P.
    If the issue still persists, then try login in “Compatibility Mode” and check. See the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on Tools icon and select
      Compatibility view settings
    Share the results and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't determine if it is ISP or Windows having weird issues with VOIP

1. Can't determine if it is ISP or Windows having weird issues with VOIP - Similar Threads - Can't determine ISP

2. ISP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  3. ISP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  4. ISP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. VOIP Call center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VOIP Call center: Hello everybody, hope you are all doing wellI have just got accepted to start working from home on a call center but im getting some problems. I login to the site trying to get started and i do not hear any of the calls that are coming. I do see them appear on the system, it...
  6. having a weird connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    having a weird connectivity issue: I have this weird issue where my computer says no internet, secured but I am still able to access web pages like ebay ,youtube, newegg etc. I can't open any games that require internet however. Same goes with steam when I launch them it says I'm not connected. I've made sure...
  7. Help I have a weird issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help I have a weird issue: So my computer screen is black, I can run task manager and such but I can't see anything at first my desktop was normal but now its black and I can use programs. Any idea what the issue is, I've tried turning it on and off again submitted by /u/Ben_Starwalker [link]...
  8. Hp Omen 15 having issues with wifi connection. Unsure if it is an hardware issue or ISP issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Omen 15 having issues with wifi connection. Unsure if it is an hardware issue or ISP issue.: For the past 2 months my laptop (HP Omen 15) has been having issues with wifi. No other device in the house has this issue (laptops, xbox, tv, phones) but my laptop does. My laptop is currently the closest device to the router and does say it has full bars of connection yet...
  9. Can't connect, only one ISP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect, only one ISP: Just worked on a customer's PC that had been upgraded to 10 Home. Have Comcast with the new Gateway. I get a can't connect when I try and connect to his home Xfinity Network. I can connect to the Xfinity Wifi and logon using Comcast User and password to access the Net....
  10. Have a really weird startup issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Have a really weird startup issue: Ever since I installed the Fall CU, whenever I reboot, it takes upwards of 3-5 minutes to get to the desktop. I've got 'gadgets' that appear on the right side of the screen (CPU usage, network meter, clock) so when I get to the desktop and am able to do anything (sometimes...