Windows 10: Can't disable "Administrator" account.

Discus and support Can't disable "Administrator" account. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; There is this account I activated called "Administrator" to change my user folder but it didn't work so when I tried to disable it said "Operation... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CamdenHardwick, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Can't disable "Administrator" account.

There is this account I activated called "Administrator" to change my user folder but it didn't work so when I tried to disable it said "Operation completed sucessfully" and it was still there so I restarted my PC but it was still there and I even tried deleting the account but I can't because it's Built-In.

Any ways I can disable it?

:)

CamdenHardwick, Mar 3, 2019

2. i disable my administrator account

Here is the correct way to do such things:

• Create a spare admin account, same as you ask the locksmith to cut a spare house key.
    • Test the spare account, same as you would test the spare house key.
    • Promote your account to admin level.
    • Test your account.
    • Disable the Administrator account.
    By taking Step 5 as the first step, you painted yourself into a corner. You must now ask a friend to create a bootable Windows Repair flash disk, using the command RecoveryDrive.exe. Use it to boot your machine into Windows Repair Mode, then use System Restore
    to set Windows back to a point then the Administrator account was active.

Frederik Long, Mar 3, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 3, 2019
  4. mafia97 Win User

Can't disable "Administrator" account.

Youtube disabled my account, help please

the page where is said account disabled , it also showed a link saying next step is to contact us,
    i ran that link and reported the problem, still no reply

mafia97, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Can't disable "Administrator" account.

1. Can't disable "Administrator" account. - Similar Threads - Can't disable Administrator

2. Administrator Account Disabled - after reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator Account Disabled - after reset: Posted previously here: https://www.****/threads/administrator-account-disabled-after-reset.579900/ I appreciate the responses but all of the solutions ive found on my post and similar involve actually being able to log on, i literally cannot get on to the account all i have...
  3. Administrator Account Disabled - after reset

Administrator Account Disabled - after reset: Hi,So I had to do a whole reset of my laptop remove personal files and everything and during the reset it kept freezing at 66%, anyway i left it and when i went back to my laptop it was loaded at the sign in screen. The sign in screen only has the option to sign in as...
  4. Cannot disable default Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot disable default Administrator account.: The Administrator account remains on my log-in screen even after setting it to no longer be active. The account I am using is an administrative account separate from the account I am trying to disable. [ATTACH] I disabled the account through the administrator command...
  5. Administrator account keeps getting disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account keeps getting disabled: So, i wanted to install something in C:/Program Filesx86 andi didn't have permission, so i went on and granted my user every permission possible and nothing, then tried logging into Administrator account first time after a windows reset and didn't have it enabled, i went to...
  6. Cannot login as administrator account disabled

Cannot login as administrator account disabled: Wondering if anyone could help me please. I purchased a second hand compute stick STK1AW32SC when I try to boot up it says the administrator account has been disabled and cannot get any further. How can I get logged in? Thanks...
  7. Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode: It used to be possible to login with a disabled administrator account in safemode. I'm unable to do this on current version of Windows 10 (1903). Is there any possibility to change this?...
  8. Built-in Administrator account disabled itself

Built-in Administrator account disabled itself: Windows 10 - 1809 I have enabled the built-in Administrator account but as soon as I log off of any account I use to enable it the Administrator account reverts to being disabled and I cannot log into it. Interestingly I booted up in Safe Mode and enabled the Administrator...
  9. How to disable Default administrator account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable Default administrator account...: Hi am a facing this problem for long time..When ever i turned my Pc on its showing invalid username/password...Its getting in to a user account for which i dont know the passwpord....its hidden administrator account i think once i tried that in command prompt,,,,, i have...
  10. Administrative account disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrative account disabled: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying. After I tried to disable the main user password, it basically removed all permissions from my profile and I couldn't access...