Windows 10: Can't DISABLE auto login

Discus and support Can't DISABLE auto login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Microsoft login automatically logins in on 3 computers, including one that I just bought. I have never enabled auto login for the user on any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Geotwitcher, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Can't DISABLE auto login

My Microsoft login automatically logins in on 3 computers, including one that I just bought. I have never enabled auto login for the user on any computer, so I don't know why it is doing this, and I especially don't know why it starts doing on any new computer that the user logs into.

I was to DISABLE autologin so that it always requires me to type in my password on all computers.

The "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" checkbox in netplwiz IS ALREADY CHECKED ON ALL COMPUTERS, but the user is still automatically logged in, so some other solution is required. Please don't reply and tell me to check that box, because seriously, it is already checked!

Can't DISABLE auto login c0ac1b29-6927-4f9b-b0bf-c8e8f1062d96?upload=true.jpg

:)

Geotwitcher, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Clogboy Win User

How do I disable auto-login on W10

Method two, step five: if it shows you how to enable auto login, then you also know how to disable it. This might help you but you gotta read. Sometimes, a guide that shows the opposite of what you want can still help you.

Clogboy, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 13, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Can't DISABLE auto login

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Can't DISABLE auto login

1. Can't DISABLE auto login - Similar Threads - Can't DISABLE auto

2. Windows 11 - Disable auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable auto login: Hi,How do we disable the feature that makes windows 11 automatically log into the previous account on restart.90% of the computers in our office are Windows 10. When we hit restart on these machines they reboot and go straight back to the login screen with all the accounts to...
  3. Windows 11 - Disable auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Disable auto login: Hi,How do we disable the feature that makes windows 11 automatically log into the previous account on restart.90% of the computers in our office are Windows 10. When we hit restart on these machines they reboot and go straight back to the login screen with all the accounts to...
  4. Auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  5. Auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  6. Auto Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login: As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do...
  7. How to disable Auto Login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Auto Login?: So I have two accounts on my laptop: Administrator (no password) Work Account (password-protected) How do I make it so that my laptop ALWAYS asks me to choose which account to use? From what I understand, if I shut down while using my Administrator account, it signs in...
  8. How do I disable auto-login on W10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I disable auto-login on W10: I've tried http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disab...r-in-window-8/ which some say work for 10 but it doesn't for me. I'm on x64 up to date. One account has a password the other doesn't, and every time I boot it it auto logs in to the one without a password - short of putting...
  9. v1607: Can't disable last user auto login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    v1607: Can't disable last user auto login: Before v1607, I used the gpedit logon script to disable the automatic login of non-passworded accounts. It's been fine for all the time I've been with Win10 since release. Specifically: Code: Name: C:\Windows\System32\reg.exe Parem: ADD...
  10. auto login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto login: Where are the settings for auto login ? I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required. 2180