Windows 10: Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update

Discus and support Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I run a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19043.844 and if I disable Windows Automatic Root Certificate Update via GPEdit.msc then my internet stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShishkataZom, May 4, 2021.

1. Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update

I run a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19043.844 and if I disable Windows Automatic Root Certificate Update via GPEdit.msc then my internet stops working and all attempts at domain resolution fail. If try to disable Automatic Root Certificate Update by blocking ctldl.windowsupdate.com domain, then certain services stop working, such as Ubisoft Connect. I have Windows Update and Windows Update services + tasks disabled. There is no problem with blocking/stopping certificate revocation (crl.windowsupdate.com domain). I do tweak my OS, but I apply identical tweaks to all builds and 20H2 is the only build that has this issue. Installing the allowed list from https://ctldl.windowsupdate.com/msdo...uthrootstl.cab and the disallowed list does not resolve the issue...

:)

ShishkataZom, May 4, 2021

2. Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update

I run a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19043.844 and if I disable Windows Automatic Root Certificate Update via GPEdit.msc then my internet stops working and all attempts at domain resolution fail. If try to disable Automatic Root Certificate Update by blocking ctldl.windowsupdate.com domain, then certain services stop working, such as Ubisoft Connect. I have Windows Update and Windows Update services + tasks disabled. There is no problem with blocking/stopping certificate revocation (crl.windowsupdate.com domain).

I do tweak my OS, but I apply identical tweaks to all builds and 20H2 is the only build that has this issue. Installing the allowed list from https://ctldl.windowsupdate.com/msdo...uthrootstl.cab and the disallowed list does not resolve the issue...

ShishkataZom, May 5, 2021
  3. Root Certificate Program updates on mobile?

what version of Windows Mobile or Windows Phone supports automatic update of root certification authorities according to the Root Certificate Program members?

If 6.5 does not support it, is anywhere a list of preinstalled root CAs?

if 7.0 does not support it, is anywhere a list of preinstalled root CAs?

thanks. ondrej.

Ondrej Sevecek, May 5, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update

Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

Source: Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program to reinforce trust in the Internet | Microsoft Malware Protection Center

Brink, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update

1. Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update - Similar Threads - Can't disable Automatic

2. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  3. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  4. Server Root Certificate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Server Root Certificate?: Hello,I have had serious network issues in my home. Former neighbor installed Pineapple in wall before he left. Anyways, I have a HP Omen running windows 10 Pro. It appears somebody has access to the PC by way of remote connection. PC acts as a server. I noticed a “Root...
  5. Group Policy Lockdown: Install Root Certificate

Group Policy Lockdown: Install Root Certificate: Hello,I am looking to implement a mitigation recommendation from MITRE outlined on the following page:https://attack.mitre.org/techniques/T1553/004/The recommendation is to prevent users from installing their own root certificate with non-admin privileges through a change in...
  6. Root CA certificate automatically added to local machine without internet connection

Root CA certificate automatically added to local machine without internet connection: On a fresh installed Windows 10 in virtual environment, that is disconnected from the internet by disabling the virtual network adapter, new root CA certificate is automatically added to the local machine trusted root certificate authorities after viewing the digital...
  7. Microsoft Root Certificate 2011.cer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Root Certificate 2011.cer: Does anyone kwno what are the minimum versions of MS Windows 7 and Windows 10 that incluces the "MicrosoftRootCertificateAuthority2011.cer" file? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-root-certificate-2011cer/4a6aca92-fa7b-40a2-959d-4c440f3ec91d
  8. Can't Update/Disable/Uninstall PCI Express Root Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Update/Disable/Uninstall PCI Express Root Port: I suspect that this problem is unique to this specific computer. After 8 or 9 attempts to install Feature Update 1903, I decided to check for out-of-date drivers and Restore Health etc. (I have several other computers and they generally recover after 2 or 3 attempts.) When...
  9. Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates: Hi guys, I had installed this mapping tool before applying all the Windows Updates and I got this Untrusted Certificate warning error as shown in the image. Now, I had reinstalled Windows 10 and ran all the updates and then installed this tool which is a NON-Web...
  10. Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program: At Microsoft, we are continuously working to deliver on our commitment to the security of our customers and their ecosystems. A core component of our strategy to inform Windows users about the safety of the websites, apps and software they’re accessing online is built into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com