Windows 10: Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10

Discus and support Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey there, I was intending to install ubuntu on my PC, but to do this, I have to disable bitlocker encryption. I tried to decrypt it from the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AhmedWael3, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10

Hey there,

I was intending to install ubuntu on my PC, but to do this, I have to disable bitlocker encryption.

I tried to decrypt it from the settings, and all I get was this:

Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10 aa6e3172-19af-4901-a39f-675a92a62ea6?upload=true.png

If you had the same problem and was able to solve it, please share the solution, or tell me if I need to share more info..

:)

AhmedWael3, Feb 11, 2021

2. How to disable Bitlocker?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and click on
    Control Panel.

2. Change View by from Category
    to Large Icons/Small Icons.

3. Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
    Turn BitLocker Off.

4. Follow on screen instructions. Click on
    Decrypt the Drive
    when the message appears.

I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 11, 2021
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10

BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10

1. Can't disable bitlocker on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't disable bitlocker

2. Windows 10 lost admin account and can't disable bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lost admin account and can't disable bitlocker: I have just set up a new Win10 PC and it looks like I have dug myself into a hole and I don't know which way to go.I wanted to to remove MacAfee and it wouldn't uninstall - the system seemed to stall, so I tried to get into Safe Mode, and bitlocker popped up. After reviewing...
  3. Windows 10 lost admin account and can't disable bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 lost admin account and can't disable bitlocker: I have just set up a new Win10 PC and it looks like I have dug myself into a hole and I don't know which way to go.I wanted to to remove MacAfee and it wouldn't uninstall - the system seemed to stall, so I tried to get into Safe Mode, and bitlocker popped up. After reviewing...
  4. Windows 10 lost admin account and can't disable bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. uninstall or disable BitLocker forever in Windows 10

uninstall or disable BitLocker forever in Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 home. I bought this device but noticed that there is BitLocker. It should only be for Windows 10 pro. How can I uninstall BitLocker? I disabled it via services.msc but do not know if it is temporarily or forever....
  6. Disable bitlocker to boot Windows 10 ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable bitlocker to boot Windows 10 ISO: I went into diagnostics hit F2 while booting up. Now am attempting to boot from the USB and at Windows Setup. I am trying to install on the primary partition. However, I have a number of primary partitions and it won't install on any of them. The feedback is bitlocker must...
  7. How to disable BitLocker in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable BitLocker in Windows 10?: BitLocker is not allowing me to install other necessary things in my Laptop Dell Inspiron 3576WINDOWS VERSION-HOME . I never activated it but now a unlocked lock sign is apperaing on the top of all of my drives I read on the internet and the sign represents that drive has...
  8. Is Bitlocker disabling Windows Search?

in Cortana
    Is Bitlocker disabling Windows Search?: I am running Windows 10 pro V2004 I have bitlocker encryption running on my 2 disks C: System and apps. D:Data Search indicates that it has indexed 125000 files. I have set the search options to index "Index encrypted files" The index location is C:\programdata\Microsoft...
  9. Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker

Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker: Hi I have Windows 10 Home version and really would like to restore the PC to factory settings. The problem is that when I try to reset the PC it gives me the following message: “Bitlocker must be disabled to proceed. You can enable Bitlocker after this process is complete....
  10. Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker: Hi I have Windows 10 Home version and really would like to restore the PC to factory settings. The problem is that when I try to reset the PC it gives me the following message: “Bitlocker must be disabled to proceed. You can enable Bitlocker after this process is complete....