Windows 10: Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11

Discus and support Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I am having an issue using windows ink on Windows 11 Pro using Thinkpad Pen Pro.The hold to right click is interfering with all photo editing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ev E, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Ev E Win User

Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11

Hello. I am having an issue using windows ink on Windows 11 Pro using Thinkpad Pen Pro.The hold to right click is interfering with all photo editing software. I cannot disable it in any way. If I want to draw any line, I have to drag it out of the circle, about 4mm, before it creates a line. Ive narrowed it down to a Windows issue, and not any hardware or 3rd party software issue.The "Turn Flicks on and off" setting in the control panel only removes the circle graphic that appears when holding the pen to the screen, but functions the same. I can only draw after Ive dragged out of the circle o

:)

2. Rose Cal Win User

Pen flicks won't work at all for me after the fall update.

Hi Brown,

One possible reason why pen flicks won't work after the update is due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to properly set flick settings:

• Press Windows key + x, and select Control Panel.
    • Open Pen and Touch applet.
    • Touch the Flicks tab.
    • Ensure that the Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily is checked.
    • Set the Sensitivity slider to the left (Relaxed).
    • Touch Apply and OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 23, 2024
  3. Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with Wacom Tablet and Pen

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for providing me a detailed information of your concern. As I've researched about the "Circle" icon issue, it seems that you've already tried every possible workarounds to correct the said issue. Moreover, I would like verify which build is currently
    installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.

Upon further investigating, I came across through a forum suggesting additional steps to somehow disable/minimize the appearance of the "Circle" icon. Kindly refer to the steps below:

1. Launch Control Panel, change the View by to
    Small icons.

2. Select Pen and Touch, select Press and hold and click on
    Settings button.

3. This time, try to leave the box checked for Enable press and hold for right-clicking.

4. Under Duration, move the slider all the way to the right.

Although this method is not the perfect fix, this will somehow make the "Circle" icon only show up for the first time.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 23, 2024
  4. GlennCXF Win User

Disable ALL Pen 'Touch and Hold' functionality

New PC, new operating system. So I've done the whole shebang where you go and turn off the touch and hold in Pen Settings. Great, now it doesn't take 2 seconds for strokes to appear on screen. I don't have crazy flicks trying to wrest control of my PC from
    me.

Problem is... that little circle that pops up if you hold the pen down? ITS. STILL. THERE.

It's a transparent circle now and touch and hold causes a right click. In windows 7 all I had to do was disable the Pen and Tablet service, but evidently this service is now hidden or been renamed or who knows maybe Microsoft is giving me a big F U right
    now because I want to use a Wacom without their absurd touch software. Thankfully I'm not having that ridiculous issue others are having where they lose pen sensitivity if they disable Windows Ink.

If Win10 is going to be the final version of Windows, Microsoft needs to realize that digitizers are thing, have been a thing for years, and need proper, SEPARATE support from the damn touch screen features. I shouldn't have to go through a bunch of settings
    just to get my tablet to function properly damnit. I shouldn't have to turn off and disable services.

Is it any wonder Macs are preferred for digital art when Microsoft screws over anyone trying to do the same things on a PC? If I had lacked the confidence to make changes to my computer I'd basically be left with an unusable $350 tablet right now.

'Pen and Touch' needs to become just Pen, and a separate service for Touch. Or differentiate the two within the service somehow.

GlennCXF, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

1. Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Can't disable Flicks

2. Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11: Hello. I am having an issue using windows ink on Windows 11 Pro using Thinkpad Pen Pro.The hold to right click is interfering with all photo editing software. I cannot disable it in any way. If I want to draw any line, I have to drag it out of the circle, about 4mm, before it...
  3. Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad: I recently received a Predator Helios 300 I was previously a Mac owner, I'm new to Microsoft and have been tweaking some stuff and was wondering, is there any way to make it so that you can hold right-click instead of only being able to click it with a built-in trackpad? I...
  4. Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad

Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad: I recently received a Predator Helios 300 I was previously a Mac owner, I'm new to Microsoft and have been tweaking some stuff and was wondering, is there any way to make it so that you can hold right-click instead of only being able to click it with a built-in trackpad? I...
  5. Disable Flicks tab is missing from "Turn flicks on and off" pen setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Flicks tab is missing from "Turn flicks on and off" pen setting: These pen flicks keep messing up what I try to do. What should I do? How do I disable the Flick feature?I only have the Pen Options tab.Please help....
  6. Disable Flicks tab is missing from "Turn flicks on and off" pen setting

Disable Flicks tab is missing from "Turn flicks on and off" pen setting: These pen flicks keep messing up what I try to do. What should I do? How do I disable the Flick feature?I only have the Pen Options tab.Please help....
  7. Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2: As the subject mentions, I am trying to prevent Microsoft's ink & touch functionality from interfering with Wacom's pen and tablet. I use the surface book 2 for my 3D work within applications like Photoshop, Zbrush, Houdini, Maya, etc... and whenever I try to right click...
  8. Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2

Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2: As the subject mentions, I am trying to prevent Microsoft's ink & touch functionality from interfering with Wacom's pen and tablet. I use the surface book 2 for my 3D work within applications like Photoshop, Zbrush, Houdini, Maya, etc... and whenever I try to right click...
  9. Double-Click Hold for Right-Click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Double-Click Hold for Right-Click: Hey everyone. I don't know if this is quite the most relevant subreddit for this question, but it was the closest I could think of. I recently purchased an air mouse with lots of useful hotkeys and a handheld keyboard that make it really good for couch PC use, but it's...
  10. Blue Circle on Right Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue Circle on Right Click: Ok so this isn't a big issue but it's driving me nuts. I run the latest version of Windows 10 64 Bit. I have 4 disks in my computer. 3 SSDs and 1 HDD. Every time I log in I can right click anywhere I want with no issue. But if I choose to right the HDD under my computer I...