Windows 10: Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi

Discus and support Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having trouble installing windows 10 on my new built. after asking a microsoft employee they told me to disable the secure boot. but for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DannyAven, Aug 4, 2018.

1. DannyAven Win User

Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi

I'm having trouble installing windows 10 on my new built.

after asking a microsoft employee they told me to disable the secure boot.

but for some reason there is no option for that, its either

- Other OS

- Windows UEFI mode

what do i do?

My mobo is a Asus Prime B350-plus

:)

DannyAven, Aug 4, 2018
  2. simrick Win User

UEFI with secure boot disabled

Hi.
    Reading on the Lenovo site:
    How to boot to Legacy device or system configured with Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows 8 (32-bit) - ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation, IdeaCentre
    So my question would be, what have you done to the system, that has disabled Secure Boot?

EDIT: Perhaps you could just go into the BIOS and set it to defaults. But if you have installed a Legacy (MBR) version of W10, or upgraded a version of W7 to W10, you will not be able to boot the OS with Secure Boot turned on.

simrick, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

I got it, I was not accustomed to UEFI (because on HP 4540s I disabled it) and I automatically thought that if I boot from the first menu it will boot in UEFI mode, but I have to go to second menu "Boot From EFI File" to get a list of EFI boot options:

Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi IMG_1509375.jpg

I installed Ubuntu Mate and Windows 8.1 from the first menu (the picture) and they both installed in BIOS mode. Quite simple really.

Uplink10, Aug 4, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

There is literally not something UEFI allows. If those options do exist they likely just disable all the boot options under the UEFI boot section, but you can't entirely disable UEFI booting.

If you really must, just disable every option under the UEFI section in the BIOS.

newtekie1, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi - Similar Threads - Can't disable secure

2. UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled: Windows 10 crashed - can only access Phoenic SecurCore Tiano Bios.I need to boot from my USB drive.I understand I need to have the UEFI Secure Boot enabled - mine is greyed out - cannot be selected.I was told to set Supervisor Password - so this is in Security - did that -...
  3. UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled: Windows 10 crashed - can only access Phoenic SecurCore Tiano Bios.I need to boot from my USB drive.I understand I need to have the UEFI Secure Boot enabled - mine is greyed out - cannot be selected.I was told to set Supervisor Password - so this is in Security - did that -...
  4. UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.: My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black and never boots, I cannot even access uefi menu after pressing esc keyI was using dual boot: windows 10 and pheonix os before...
  6. Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not booting, BLACK screen after boot, can't access uefi/bios. After secure boot.: My micromax canvas laptab 2 lt777w detachable laptop is not booting to windows nor showing any thing on screen, after powering on, screen stays black and never boots, I cannot even access uefi menu after pressing esc key I was using dual boot: windows 10 and pheonix os...
  7. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  8. UEFI with secure boot disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UEFI with secure boot disabled: I ran a Belarc analysis and it showed a notification that the " UEFI with secure boot is disabled ".Is this a default setting or does it need to be enabled?I looked at the boot settings but was unable to figure out how to resolve this issue.I am not one who likes to guess at...
  9. UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?: So i had secure boot up and running on my windows 8.1 machine after a clean install, but now since microsoft upgraded me to windows 10 it seems as my secure boot is off again, but it's enabled in my bios is so weird, it's enabled in bios but off in windows 10? Is not much of...
  10. Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable

Boot mode uefi with secure boot disable: Ok im about to upgrade to win 10 then do a clean install afterwards of win 10, but i wanted to assure i have everything correct before i start. I updated again my profile with Belarc to assure i have a completed list of my software, i notice this Boot mode uefi with secure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find secure boot option for asus p8z77-v lx

2. disable uefi firmware password on lenovo 100s

3. cant disable secure boot in bios

4. cant disable secure boot acer bios,
  5. i cant find secure boot in hp probook 5320 m,
  6. i cant disable secure boot on linux,
  7. cannot disable secure boot on lenovo thinkcentre,
  8. cant disable uefi secure boot,
  9. cant disable secure boot windows 10