Windows 10: Can't disable "Sign-in password required"

Discus and support Can't disable "Sign-in password required" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro version 1909, build 18363.535. Up until recently I wasn't required to enter a password to log in, this is my personal computer at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mudimara, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Can't disable "Sign-in password required"

Windows 10 Pro version 1909, build 18363.535.

Up until recently I wasn't required to enter a password to log in, this is my personal computer at home. I had added my old job's email address a bit ago, but I no longer work there. It wasn't letting me remove it and kept giving me a message every time I turned on the computer saying I need to fix my account, so I wanted to remove it altogether. The only way to remove was to add a non-local account. So I added my Microsoft account but it required a password. I was able to remove my old job's account, but now I'm stuck needing to enter a password every time I log in. I've tried everything to disable that. Here's what I've tried:

Logging into a local account and completely removing the Microsoft account, I was still required to enter a password to log into a local account.

Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Require sign-in
    It's greyed out on "When PC wakes up from sleep" and I have not been able to find a way around it. There is a red message saying "Authentication is required when this PC wakes from sleep. Security policies on this PC are preventing you from changing this setting". WHAT SECURITY POLICIES??? (sorry I'm frustrated).

I dug through the GPO and registry settings, Googled some of that, I couldn't find anything that helps.

Control Panel power settings didn't have anything helpful either.

I'm going crazy, please help.

submitted by /u/mudimara
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mudimara, Jan 12, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 12, 2020
  3. How to disable password requirement after sign out?

Hello. First of all, I'm really sorry for bad english.

I'm having a hard time trying to disable password requirement after signing out from my account. I did the netplwiz trick and it works to boot computer without asking me password. The problem is when I'm already using my computer and for some reason I have to sign out my account and log into administrator (just an example). After doing what I had to do at administrator, I sign out to back for my primary account (not a local one) and I always have to inform my password.

Is there some way to disable that requirement? I mean, I remember in the past (not W10) it was possible to completely disable password requirement and there was just a button saying "Sign in". Can I get that on W10? Thank you for your attention and, again, sorry for bad english.

eduardokbb, Jan 12, 2020
  4. dnlkdwll Win User

Can't disable "Sign-in password required"

Disabling Password Requirement

After switching from windows 8 to 10 on my SP3, I now have to enter a password every time the screen is turned off, which is incredibly annoying. I have tried to disable this based on a couple of tips I have found.

1. Open settings, go to accounts, go to sign-in options. Require sign-in is set to never.

2. Run 'control userpasswords2', press enter. The next step says to uncheck the box saying 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer', but this box is nowhere to be found.

Any help is appreciated with annoying issue.

dnlkdwll, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't disable "Sign-in password required"

1. Can't disable "Sign-in password required" - Similar Threads - Can't disable Sign

2. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  3. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.: Unable to access network folder to PC on network. 2 PCs on a wired network running Windows 10 Home Edition.Both are signed in with the same Microsoft account.Searching for this issue shows resolutions in 2015 using HOMEGROUP, but that function has been discontinued and i am...
  4. Network Folder Requiring Password - Password Requirement is Disabled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Password required at each sign in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required at each sign in.: How can I bypass requirements of entering password with each start up of the computer. Netplwiz no longer shows [ ] box to untick to disallow other persons signing in....
  6. Sign-in Requiring Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-in Requiring Password: I am signed in to a local account as administrator. Under If you've been away, when should Windows require a sign-in, Never is selected. I was forced to set up windows 10 using my windows account and to set a pin. I subsequently changed to a local account. Why does...
  7. How to disable password requirement after sign out?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable password requirement after sign out?: Hello. First of all, I'm really sorry for bad english. I'm having a hard time trying to disable password requirement after signing out from my account. I did the netplwiz trick and it works to boot computer without asking me password. The problem is when I'm already using my...
  8. How to disable password requirement after sign out?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable password requirement after sign out?: Hello. First of all, I'm really sorry for bad english. I'm having a hard time trying to disable password requirement after signing out from my account. I did the netplwiz trick and it works to boot computer without asking me password. The problem is when I'm already using my...
  9. Admin password required for sign-in password.

Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  10. How to disable the sign in requirement

How to disable the sign in requirement: How to remove the e-mail account from Windows 10, or how to disable the sign in requirement. [img] I followed the instructions but it did not work. [img] 29291

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings/accounts/sign-in options

2. pin sign in issues windows 10 microsoft.com

3. settings accounts sign in options