Windows 10: Can't disable "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

Discus and support Can't disable "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" greyed out with the registry with the entry below, but I got a notification from MS this morning... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rdwray, Mar 12, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

Can't disable "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

I had "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" greyed out with the registry with the entry below, but I got a notification from MS this morning saying I needed to fix my account and "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" is no longer grey out and I have looked at Group Policy and it is set to "Users can't add or log on with Microsoft accounts".

Code:
    EDIT: I went outside for about 45 minutes and came back in and checked to see what was going on and the thing was greyed out; totally baffled...

:)

rdwray, Mar 12, 2021
  2. WallyX Win User

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

I do in fact have an existing Microsoft account and if I go directly to Microsoft, everything works. The problem is clearly at Step 7 of the process of, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead." I don't know why this is happening.

WallyX, Mar 12, 2021
  3. WallyX Win User

I have a Local Account and want to, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I go through all of the required steps including entering my Username and Password. Microsoft accepts everything, then ask me to enter my password one final time. I very carefully enter it exactly as I did before and Microsoft says its not correct. Any help wold be appreciated.

WallyX, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Hello Wally, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like this is at step 7 in the tutorial below where it's asking you to enter your local account's password one last time.

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't disable "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" - Similar Threads - Can't disable Sign

2. Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account: Hello, I have been trying to replace my local account with a microsoft account, but facing some issue.When I try to click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" Reference image 1 it pops out a window called "microsoft windows" Reference image 2 and then closes...
  3. Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account: Hello, I have been trying to replace my local account with a microsoft account, but facing some issue.When I try to click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" Reference image 1 it pops out a window called "microsoft windows" Reference image 2 and then closes...
  4. "Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead" is missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead" is missing: Hello, I am not able to sign in with my microsoft account as "sign in with microsoft account instead" is not showing. Though it shows administrator as my microsoft Id. Also sign in options says my account does not have a password, you have to add a password. right now I am...
  5. Windows 10: Can't sign in with Microsoft Account instead of Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Can't sign in with Microsoft Account instead of Local Account: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop. When trying to "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" of a Local Account, I get this error: Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again. I did get an error code on the first few dozens...
  6. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account: I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events; I logged in as a local account. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead Followed the...
  7. sign in with a Microsoft account instead *not working*!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sign in with a Microsoft account instead *not working*!: when i go to settings -> accounts. then click sign in with a Microsoft account instead, a tab pops up saying "you need to install an app for this task"."would you like to search for one in the store?" so i click yes. then the Microsoft store opens up and then says "try that...
  8. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead: I have a Local Account and want to, "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I go through all of the required steps including entering my Username and Password. Microsoft accepts everything, then ask me to enter my password one final time. I very carefully enter it exactly...
  9. Can't sign in Microsoft account instead

Can't sign in Microsoft account instead: Hi, when I want to sign in as a Microsoft account instead it always showed "Oops, something went wrong etc". how do I solved this problem? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-microsoft-account-instead/2a92f86f-8ca5-42a6-be2b-1e4a8ac9abfb
  10. can't find Sign in with a local account instead

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't find Sign in with a local account instead: Hello Everyone, I upgraded my machine windows 8 to windows 10 last month. Using Local Account "Administrator" but few days back i entered my MS account to use store after that it asking me login to machine with MS Account not local account. And i cant find the option of...