Windows 10: Can't disable smartscreen.exe on Windows 11 22h2

Discus and support Can't disable smartscreen.exe on Windows 11 22h2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't want smartcreen.exe to run on my computer. I disabled it on Windows 11 Pro using local group policy editor, but since updating to 22h2 this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jiba-771, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Jiba-771 Win User

Can't disable smartscreen.exe on Windows 11 22h2

I don't want smartcreen.exe to run on my computer. I disabled it on Windows 11 Pro using local group policy editor, but since updating to 22h2 this morning I can't stop smartscreen.exe from running everytime I turn on my computer. Windows security pane shows smartscreen as "off" for all reputation-based categories: check apps and files off, smartscreen for edge off, Phishing Protection off, potentially unwated app blocking off, and smartscreen for store apps off. Using group policy editor I disabled smartcreen for Edge, file explorer and phishing protection. It also shows as "off"

:)

Jiba-771, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Smartscreen blocking an EXE

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any option to save password?
    • Which application are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the shortcut or in File explorer and select Run as administrator check if that helps.
    • Also observe when you type password do you get a prompt for saving password just above Taskbar.

You may also refer the link below and check if that helps.

Smart Screen Filter: FAQ.

How can SmartScreen help protect me in Microsoft Edge?

Hope the issue with smart screen blocking exe will resolved. Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 23, 2022
  3. sfeinst Win User
    Smartscreen blocking an EXE

I do not get an option to save the password (nor would I think I would want that). What I am getting is the Smartscreen popup which states Windows Smartscreen prevented an unrecognized app from running. Saving a password would by pass a check so that does
    not seem like a good idea.

Running as administrator did not change anything. Smartscreen still popped up stating it was an unrecognized app.

The application is Action! PC Football. I installed the game and it ran fine. They provided an update (which was a new EXE) and that ran fine. They have provided a newer update and that is the one getting the popup.

Since they are saying they compiled the code in the same way, why is Smartscreen flagging this version and not a prior one.

The FAQ did not help. It implied I was getting a message from a browser and it is from trying to run the actual program. The other suggestion in the FAQ was to disable Smartscreen. If that is the recommendation by Microsoft, then I fail to understand
    why they provide a check they recommend disabling?

sfeinst, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Can't disable smartscreen.exe on Windows 11 22h2

1. Can't disable smartscreen.exe on Windows 11 22h2 - Similar Threads - Can't disable smartscreen

2. disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11: I have tried almost all of the suggestions I have found here and nothing works. I have a new laptop/WIN 11. I don't understand way it should be so difficult to remove this. You are interfering with the use of my computer. Can I please get some help that will allow me to...
  3. disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11: I have tried almost all of the suggestions I have found here and nothing works. I have a new laptop/WIN 11. I don't understand way it should be so difficult to remove this. You are interfering with the use of my computer. Can I please get some help that will allow me to...
  4. Can't disable smartscreen.exe on Windows 11 22h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable smartscreen.exe on Windows 11 22h2: I don't want smartcreen.exe to run on my computer. I disabled it on Windows 11 Pro using local group policy editor, but since updating to 22h2 this morning I can't stop smartscreen.exe from running everytime I turn on my computer. Windows security pane shows smartscreen as...
  5. Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.: Please try to understand: my problem is because of the Smartscreen. The Smartscreen is blocking installation of our software, Clone Files Checker. Our users are facing problem installing the program on their Windows 10 computers. I am the developer of the application and our...
  6. SmartScreen can't be reached?

SmartScreen can't be reached?: Hi there, I just tried installing flash, and I got a blue window saying "smartscreen can't be reached" I'm using windows 10 version 1809. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen-cant-be-reached/34dbb7b7-1fb5-48f7-9409-8070888a17ae"
  7. Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...)

Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...): I believe I inadvertently switched off Smartscreen during setup so now, each time I try to install something, Windows says Smartscreen can't be reached right now. It's NOT my internet connection. Can someone help? 116595
  8. Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...)

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...): I believe I inadvertently switched off Smartscreen during setup so now, each time I try to install something, Windows says Smartscreen can't be reached right now. It's NOT my internet connection. Can someone help? 116595
  9. Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it

Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it: Hello, I was trying to fix one of my partitions in Windows 10 so I tried to installed the program EASEUS from EaseUS | Data Recovery, Backup, Partition Manager & PC Utility Software. When I went to install I got a UAC message like the one shown below: [img] I then...
  10. Disable/remove Smartscreen

Disable/remove Smartscreen: v1709.16299.125; How do I completely disable Smartscreen? 101097