Windows 10: Can't disable StickyKeys

Discus and support Can't disable StickyKeys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I recently made a mistake by holding pressed the Shift button of my PC, and it seems StickyKeys (I think that's how it's called) enabled. Now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BrunoC_, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Can't disable StickyKeys

Hi! I recently made a mistake by holding pressed the Shift button of my PC, and it seems StickyKeys (I think that's how it's called) enabled. Now it seems I can't use the keyboard, and when I click on any key a sound pops up.

I tried turning off and on the pc, but it doesn't work.

I've been reading some posts on my phone (as I can't neither type with the onscreen-keyboard) ways to fix it but I haven't found anything useful.

Anyone has any idea on how to fix this? Thanks!

submitted by /u/BrunoC_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BrunoC_, Apr 1, 2020
  2. ConorDodd Win User

StickyKeys keeps reactivating on reboot

I ultimately was able to uncover the problem. ACER apparently has a little program that manages hotkeys that gets installed at the factory. This program will always
    enable stickykeys on startup unless to go in and check the "Disable StickyKeys" option within the ACER software. Even if you disable stickykeys through the control panel it will always reenable it unless it's disabled
    within the ACER software.

ConorDodd, May 25, 2020
  3. ConorDodd Win User
    StickyKeys keeps reactivating on reboot

I'm running the latest Win10 and I can't get StickyKeys to stay off. I can turn it off with control panel, but it always comes back on when I restart.

I've tried everything I can think of:

Tried multiple keyboards, no help

changed other accessibility settings, only the keyboard related ones have problems

Booted and re-booted in Safe Mode, problem is still there

Created new user accounts, TWICE, problem is still there in each one

Edited the registry values:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\StickyKeys]“Flags”=”506″

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response]“Flags”=”122″

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\ToggleKeys]“Flags”=”58"

Nope that didn't help either, values changed back on restart and Stickykeys lives

Created a batch script and reg file to alter the registry automatically on startup, script made the change successfully but didn't fix the problem.

Repeated the previous two steps but with the registry values I recorded after manually disabling stickykeys, still no luck.

Ran SFC, virus scans, everything I can think of. No help

I'm at the end of my rope, I hate stickykeys and will never want it. I just need to get rid of it for good but i don't want to have to wipe my pc completely to get rid of it.

ConorDodd, May 25, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't disable StickyKeys

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't disable StickyKeys :cool:

jmcslob, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't disable StickyKeys

1. Can't disable StickyKeys - Similar Threads - Can't disable StickyKeys

2. Can't Disable Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Disable Password: Okay, I really am worried about speaking to the customer support itself or the assistance of the community, but I'm out of options. I sometimes am just completely unable to log-in. It says the password has been input too many times even if I've only done it once. So I've...
  3. Can't Disable Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Disable Password: Okay, I really am worried about speaking to the customer support itself or the assistance of the community, but I'm out of options. I sometimes am just completely unable to log-in. It says the password has been input too many times even if I've only done it once. So I've...
  4. StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop: Hello,Before linking me other questions of same subject notice I already tried all the solutions in the other threads on answers.microsft.comI couldn't fix my problem so I'm opening a new one.Everytime I restart my laptop, StickyKeys option and its sub-option press MAIUSC 5...
  5. StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop

StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop: Hello,Before linking me other questions of same subject notice I already tried all the solutions in the other threads on answers.microsft.comI couldn't fix my problem so I'm opening a new one.Everytime I restart my laptop, StickyKeys option and its sub-option press MAIUSC 5...
  6. Windows 11 search keeps popping up and stickykeys always turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 search keeps popping up and stickykeys always turning on: I am beyond frustrated with Windows 11. If I hold any of the directional keys down, such as when playing a video game, the windows 11 search bar will pop up. It is extremely annoying. It does the same thing when I am scrolling through Chrome or on a webpage, and will...
  7. Windows 11 search keeps popping up and stickykeys always turning on

Windows 11 search keeps popping up and stickykeys always turning on: I am beyond frustrated with Windows 11. If I hold any of the directional keys down, such as when playing a video game, the windows 11 search bar will pop up. It is extremely annoying. It does the same thing when I am scrolling through Chrome or on a webpage, and will...
  8. Can't disable Virtualization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable Virtualization: Hello, I wanted to disable Virtualisation via the BIOS (SVM off), i'm saving and exit the bios but when i return to task manager -> performance, the virtualization is still enabled. Can someone help me please ? submitted by /u/AcanthaceaeUnable [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't disable password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable password: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8ka9q/cant_disable_password/
  10. Can't Disable Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Disable Touchpad: Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their touchpad. What in the world were you thinking, Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-touchpad/d738dc58-a0c7-425c-8fa4-6939689b7117