Windows 10: Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop

Discus and support Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have an ASUS G751JL laptop running Windows 10 version 1903 and I can't for the life of me disable the touchpad. I've spent hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scarecrow, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Scarecrow Win User

Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop

Hey guys,

I have an ASUS G751JL laptop running Windows 10 version 1903 and I can't for the life of me disable the touchpad. I've spent hours troubleshooting it and nothing has worked so far and the F9 function key isn't working. So far I have

*updated all my drivers,
    *uninstalled and manually reinstalled the ASUS ATK drivers (F9 function still not working)
    *Installed ASUS Smart Gesture and set it to turn off the touchpad when a mouse is connected (that's not working)
    *Gone into the Registry Editor and set the Disable When Detect USB Mouse from 0 to 1
    *Gone into the Control Panel>mouse>hardware>Elan Input Device>Properties>Change Settings and the Disable Device option isn't highlighted. There is the HID-compliant mouse that I can disable but I haven't tried that since I'm not sure what that does.
    *Gone to Windows>Settings>Devices>Touchpad but the only option available is to set touchpad sensitivity. There is no toggle to turn it on or off like the official Windows 10 troubleshooting guide claims there is. When I click on Additional Settings the same window opens that I get to from the Control Panel.

I have restarted the machine after each attempt and still nothing works.

If I uninstall the Elan Touchpad program will that do it?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you guys have.

Also, I apologize if this was posted under the wrong subject.

:)

Scarecrow, Jan 13, 2020

2. how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

how to disable the touchpad for asus laptop

alexdesatoff1, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Jan 13, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

Hi Alex

Have a look at the Function keys on your laptop, is there an icon for a touchpad on any of those (possibly the F9 key)

If so, press that key or press Fn + that key to toggle on or off your touchpad

If that is not available to you:

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the HID (Human Interface Devices) section

Do you see your touchpad listed there?

If so, right click that and choose Properties ,then Driver Tab and disable that device

Do not uninstall that because Windows will just re-install it

If none of the above works for you, what is the exact Model No.of your Asus laptop - that will be printed on a sticker on the underneath bottom casing . . .

DaveM121, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop - Similar Threads - Can't disable touchpad

2. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  3. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  4. touchpad Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad Asus laptop: The fn-9 does not toggle touchpad on-off. ALSO Settings/Touchpad does NOT have a switch to turn the touchpad off I have installed the latest ATK package from ASUS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-asus-laptop/0b72da2a-ef4b-49de-ab5b-197eaa525486
  5. how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

how to disable touchpad for asus laptop: how to disable the touchpad for asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad-for-asus-laptop/c46149f3-7175-4a35-8c12-05cec9f20b99
  6. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  7. ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  8. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  9. How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?

How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?: How can I disable the ASUS touchpad on my ASUS laptop? The latest Windows 10 upgrade restored the functionality of the touchpad, which I had disabled. I have uninstalled the touchpad driver and restarted the computer three times from Control Panel, but it still works. I...
  10. Can't disable touchpad

Can't disable touchpad: I do not like the touch pad. When I had Windows 8.1, I simply disabled it. But Windows 10 has a mind of it's own. I go into settings for touch pad and put a check mark where it says "disable touch pad". But as soon as I restart, the touch is enabled. I go where I put the...