Windows 10: Can't Disable Touchpad

Discus and support Can't Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their touchpad. What in the world were you thinking, Microsoft?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by User_333, Sep 20, 2019.

1. User_333 Win User

Can't Disable Touchpad

Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their touchpad.

What in the world were you thinking, Microsoft?

:)

User_333, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Disable touchpad

Hi,

Normally, you can disable the touchpad from Device Manager by follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on HID-compliant mouse and select Disable.
    • Click Yes.
    • Check if the touchpad is already disabled.

You can also contact the device manufacturer for further assistance if touchpad cannot be disabled.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Can't Disable Touchpad

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't Disable Touchpad

1. Can't Disable Touchpad - Similar Threads - Can't Disable Touchpad

2. Disable Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Touchpad: Tried everything to disable my touchpad and there is no way in my settings to disable it. Then I found that I have a Windows App called Synaptics Touchpad. I clicked the Start Button, clicked All Apps, scrolled down to Synaptics Touchpad, clicked it and it opened up and there...
  3. disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable touchpad: Windows 10, HP laptop, Pavilion I cannot find the best forum for this question and was directed here. I cannot keep my fingers off the touchpad, and cannot uninstall it. Here are the steps I have taken. Please advise as to what I should do differently. Hold down the...
  4. I can't disable my touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't disable my touchpad: Hi, I'm using an external mouse and I don't need my touch pad. I can't find the option to Disable it. Before the last update on Windows 10 i use to disable it. Could somebody help me to finde this option? I can see only that: [ATTACH] If i go to aditional settings...
  5. I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore: Honestly what the **** with this latest Windows 10 update? I can no longer turn off the touchpad when using a mouse and it's making it difficult to work. I do NOT have the option to do so from the Device Manager. I do NOT have the option to do so from settings. So...
  6. Disable Touchpad

Disable Touchpad: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and Windows 10. I have tried everything to try and disable touchpad but have been unsuccessful. Under touchpad on the settings it only allows me to have low sensitivity but nothing gives me option to disable. Can you help? I have tried...
  7. Can't turn off or disable touchpad??

Can't turn off or disable touchpad??: I have been searching, searching and searching for the answer to this question to no avail. Well, lo and behold, I finally found something that has worked for me. Maybe it will work for you. I found, by accident, that my touchpad I have HP with Windows 10, is a synaptics...
  8. No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled

No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled: I have a Dell XPS 13 9530 running on Windows 10 and want to disable my touchpad so it doesn't make the cursor jump all over the place (FAR worse since latest Windows mega-update). I've fallen down a rabbit hole with it since there is no toggle to disable it and all the...
  9. disable touchpad

disable touchpad: How to disable touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad/f428698e-7f74-4aa6-9c6b-be1431f17d6d
  10. Can't disable touchpad

Can't disable touchpad: I do not like the touch pad. When I had Windows 8.1, I simply disabled it. But Windows 10 has a mind of it's own. I go into settings for touch pad and put a check mark where it says "disable touch pad". But as soon as I restart, the touch is enabled. I go where I put the...