Windows 10: Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10

Discus and support Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, I've noticed that the trackpad has been turning on despite having a mouse plugged in. I'm currently not sure on how to disable the trackpad.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vicariousWrath, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10

Recently, I've noticed that the trackpad has been turning on despite having a mouse plugged in. I'm currently not sure on how to disable the trackpad. If anyone could be of help, that would be appreciated.

:)

vicariousWrath, Aug 15, 2015

2. asus k55a mouse pad problem on windows 10

Hi,

i fixed this issue with the trackpad buttons not working and also the trackpad being disabled after every reboot when upgrading from windows 8 to 10 by uninstalling the ASUS ATK software using control panel and re-installing from the asus site.

The ATK program was under utilities on the asus support site.

The trackpad buttons seem fine now even after rebooting.

Daren.

daren fitchew, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Elewpier5 Win User
    after update Windows 10 trackpad not functioning at all ASUS X205t

The update to Windows 10 disabled the trackpad on my ASUS x205t.

I have tried toggling the Fn/trackpad key.

Keyboard works as far as I'm able to use it which is limited.

Is there a way to go back to WIndows 8 without a working trackpad? What do I do now?

Elewpier5, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10

It's Fn plus f9 on my ASUS K75DE. There is also a setting in the ASUS Smart Gesture "Mouse Detection", that will turn it off if a mouse is detected.

alphanumeric, Aug 15, 2015
  5. I have a Asus G74S, and I can't seem to find Smart gesture, is there a certain location where it is?

6. Look for a icon that looks like a touch pad down in the notifications area by the clock. Or in Control Panel, if its installed. It was installed for me via Windows update. Without it I have no scroll function. In Windows 8.1 I have to install it manually.

7. Looking it up, it comes up as nothing, do I have to install it? And from the looks of it, it isn't in the notifications area.

8. hawkman Win User

Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10

Controlpanel>View large icons> Mouse> Elan> tick Disable when using external device.

note if the touch pad drivers are updated the default is reset

Roy

hawkman, Aug 15, 2015
  9. Elan isn't seen on Mouse when I checked it.

10. hawkman Win User
    Has the Elan driver update worked, took about 5 tries for mine to install

Roy

hawkman, Aug 15, 2015
  11. I don't have ELAN on my PC.

12. Hard to say if its actually needed. It is for me or I have no scroll. Check the downloads on the ASUS site for your model. See if Smart Gesture is listed, it may be under utilities, before you install it. If it's not listed it likely isn't needed for your model. If so, it's up to you if you want to try it. You can always uninstall it again. I hunt around for the setting your after in control panel first though.

13. Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10

Did you look at the F keys across the top of the keyboard? It's usually up there with the brightness and volume up down etc.

14. hawkman Win User
    On my Asus x55 i do NOT have the smart gestures program, I removed it.
    but i do have the Elan driver
    Elan Touchpad 15.8.4.3 x64 whql driver, which MS prompted me to download, 4 august 2015.
    It now resides in
    C/programFiles/elantech.

The other file name to look for is Synaptics who provide the elan driver

If MS is not offering you that driver get it from Synaptics

Its working properly on mine

IF the elan driver is not installed then the Fn+F9 shortcut will not work.

Roy

This is not just an Asus issue, any comp using synaptics will need to use the above driver

hawkman, Aug 15, 2015
  15. Franksr Win User
    The Solution for Disabling my Asus and Toshiba Laptop's Touch Pad was finally accomplished. I had to download the current driver for the Touch Pad from the Asus and Toshiba Manufacturers and re-install them after upgrading to Windows 10. After the install of the drivers, both appeared in the Mouse Settings Properties. Under Device Settings, the Synaptics TouchPad appeared and I was able to DISABLE it.

Franksr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10

1. Can't disable trackpad on Asus Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't disable trackpad

2. asus trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asus trackpad not working: I have an 'asus tuf dash f15' and recently when i went to use my laptop today the trackpad doesn't seem to be working at all. my keyboard still works though and any mouse plugged in through usb works fine.I have - - turned trackpad off and back on- checked for driver updates-...
  3. asus trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asus trackpad not working: I have an 'asus tuf dash f15' and recently when i went to use my laptop today the trackpad doesn't seem to be working at all. my keyboard still works though and any mouse plugged in through usb works fine.I have - - turned trackpad off and back on- checked for driver updates-...
  4. Trackpad disabled in Windows 10 OOBE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad disabled in Windows 10 OOBE: I had recently bought an Acer Aspire 5 with Windows 11 preinstalled on the computer. After fiddling around for a while, I had created a drive to install Windows 10 onto the computer, as I needed to downgrade. Setting up the computer has gone rather smoothly with the...
  5. Trackpad disabled in Windows 10 OOBE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad disabled in Windows 10 OOBE: I had recently bought an Acer Aspire 5 with Windows 11 preinstalled on the computer. After fiddling around for a while, I had created a drive to install Windows 10 onto the computer, as I needed to downgrade. Setting up the computer has gone rather smoothly with the...
  6. Trackpad disabled in Windows 10 OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad: Hi everyone, I'm trying to get two-finger scrolling and right-clicking working on the trackpad. Currently, it's just the Microsoft generic drivers operating the device and the multitouch functionality isn't working. The device ID is ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_0A06, though, I suspect...
  8. Can't access Device Settings for trackpad to disable PalmCheck.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access Device Settings for trackpad to disable PalmCheck.: Basically the title. The sudden extra delay which I've never had before is driving me insane. And no, in the "additional mouse settings" tab you get to through either control panels' "change mouse settings" or Windows Settings' "Additional mouse options" it's not there....
  9. Asus trackpad wont disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus trackpad wont disable: Yeah, I'm fully aware of the other threads about this very issue, but not a single one has helped. fn+f9 doesn't work. Neither does updating or uninstalling the drivers. The options to disable the trackpad simply just aren't there. It's frustrating because the trackpad had...
  10. Asus Trackpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Trackpad Not Working: Hi, my trackpad on my Asus N550jk isn't working despite uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and rolling back drivers. Please help. Oh and for some reason the Asus console has the trackpad grayed out for some reason....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant disable trackpad in asus smart gesture windows 10