Windows 10: Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform

Discus and support Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,in the window "Windows features" "Turn Windows features on or off" I can't uncheck the Virtual Machine Platform.If I do so it loads and then tells... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Donilan, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Donilan Win User

Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform

Hi,in the window "Windows features" "Turn Windows features on or off" I can't uncheck the Virtual Machine Platform.If I do so it loads and then tells me to restart the PC. I click on restart and it restarts two times telling me "we couldn't complete the features undoing changes" or something like that. And if I then check if it works the box is still checkt so it's turned on.Why can't I turn it off I tried with other features and it works there. Have tried many times already as well.

:)

Donilan, Jun 26, 2022

2. [Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform

In what case would I need to install the Virtual Machine Platform (found in - Turn Windows features on or off)? What is it good for?

artifact4727, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform

Enabling Virtual Machine Platform feature causes screen to flicker post boot.

Hi, I tried to get help on this issue
    here
    , but at that time I did not know what was causing the screen to flicker. Currently enabling Virtual Machine Platform causes my screen to flicker post-boot. The screen does not flicker when I disable the Virtual Machine Platform feature.

JIGME LEPCHA, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform

1. Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform - Similar Threads - Can't disable Virtual

2. can not disable virtual machine platform in windows 11 .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not disable virtual machine platform in windows 11 .: Can not disable virtual machine platform in windows 11 . error code 0x80073701 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-disable-virtual-machine-platform-in/6f52df1e-fc1f-49b0-848c-f090241d63cf
  3. can not disable virtual machine platform in windows 11 .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not disable virtual machine platform in windows 11 .: Can not disable virtual machine platform in windows 11 . error code 0x80073701 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-disable-virtual-machine-platform-in/6f52df1e-fc1f-49b0-848c-f090241d63cf
  4. How do I disable my virtual machine platform?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable my virtual machine platform?: I am attempting to fully disable my virtual machine platform for a job. I have unchecked all proper boxes in the windows features window and have restarted the machine to apply the changes. However, even as it says it did so successfully, the virtual machine is still enabled....
  5. How do I disable my virtual machine platform?

How do I disable my virtual machine platform?: I am attempting to fully disable my virtual machine platform for a job. I have unchecked all proper boxes in the windows features window and have restarted the machine to apply the changes. However, even as it says it did so successfully, the virtual machine is still enabled....
  6. Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform

Can't disable Virtual Machine Platform: Hi,in the window "Windows features" "Turn Windows features on or off" I can't uncheck the Virtual Machine Platform.If I do so it loads and then tells me to restart the PC. I click on restart and it restarts two times telling me "we couldn't complete the features undoing...
  7. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays: Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access 3, 4, 5, 6 - https://i.imgur.com/hcb14DJ.png.I disabled them to stop moving...
  8. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays: Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access 3, 4, 5, 6 - https://i.imgur.com/hcb14DJ.png.I disabled them to stop moving...
  9. Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform: I have "ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT” with “AMD Ryzen 5 3550H” with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 running on “Windows 10 Home 2004” I wanted to run AVD in Android Studio for that: I enabled “SVM” in BIOS BIOS...
  10. Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform": I'm running Windows 10 on ASUS FX705DY AU072T. Windows doesn't boot after enabling "Virtual Machine Platform" and just shows a black screen after showing the windows 10 logo during boot. I've tried it on updated version 1909 and also after updating to version 19041.264 I...