Windows 10: Can't disable Windows Defender after upgrading to windows 10 Creator

Discus and support Can't disable Windows Defender after upgrading to windows 10 Creator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! After upgrading to Windows 10 Creator, the icon of Windows Defender appeared in in the taskbar, my system shows that it is disabled, but why does... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NourinE, Jul 15, 2017.

1. NourinE Win User

Can't disable Windows Defender after upgrading to windows 10 Creator

Hi!
    After upgrading to Windows 10 Creator, the icon of Windows Defender appeared in in the taskbar,
    my system shows that it is disabled, but why does it appear in the taskbar?
    how can I disable Windows Defender completely?

:)

NourinE, Jul 15, 2017

2. High CPU Usage tracked down Windows Defender firewall

Hello, I hear ya about defender...

I found an article that might be helpful. I followed the directions on my fall creators update and have disabled defender using these directions:

https://winaero.com/blog/disable-defender-windo...

Give that a try and see if that helps.

MikeSnyder61704, Jul 15, 2017
  3. Windows Defender Security Centre opening at logon following 1709 upgrade.

Hi, PC upgraded to Fall Creator 1709 yesterday and since then, every time I reboot my PC and logon, Winders Defender Security Centre opens. After searching the web I found several comments on the subject and one referred to the additional Windows defender
    entry in the task manager start-up tab that was not there on the previous version. I have disabled this and now the PC is back to normal. Should this additional entry "Windows Defender User Interface" be there and have I done wrong to disable it?

Regards,

Phil Shepheard.

PCshepheard, Jul 15, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

I hope your system is showing Defender as disabled because you have another AV installed and running.

The icon is there because in Creators Update the new Windows Defender Security Center does a lot more besides Virus & threat protection. It has gathered together a number of other security-related options: Device performance & health, Firewall & Network protection, App & browser control, and Family options.

If you still want to hide it, you can...

Hide or Show Windows Defender Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

5. NourinE Win User
    Thanks a lot for reply Bree
    What if I let Windows Defender running with Avast AV? is there a problem?
    Do you think it's better to let them both run?

NourinE, Jul 15, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Defender will not be running real-time AV protection with Avast installed, so there should be no conflict. None of the Windows Defender Security Center's other functions should conflict either.

You could even do a manual scan with Defender because a file scan and real-time protection are quite separate processes. In fact, Defender should still occasionally do an automatic scan, even if you have Avast providing the real-time protection. It is safe to allow this to continue.

7. Steve C Win User
    You don't want them both to run but you could enable Windows Defender periodic scanning to offer another layer of protection.

Steve C, Jul 16, 2017
  8. NourinE Win User

thank you all for help

NourinE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't disable Windows Defender after upgrading to windows 10 Creator - Similar Threads - Can't disable Defender

2. Can't disable Windows Defender after re enabling it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable Windows Defender after re enabling it: I enabled Windows Defender to scan some files. Now when I try to disable it by writing 1 to DisableAntiSpyware I get error writing value's new contents. I have tamper protection disabled and also tried using Group Policy but also didn't work. My laptop runs slower and heats...
  3. Can't disable Windows Defender anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable Windows Defender anymore: I'm on a fresh 1903 install with all updates and everything. I'm using the gpedit.msc method to disable Windows Defender via a group policy. To achieve that I enabled Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows components > Windows Defender > Turn Off Windows...
  4. Windows 10 Defender Disable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Defender Disable: I've seen and read some threads here about how the system restore will not revert to a previous state. I do have the Macrium Reflect (Licensed version) and it works well and it does a dandy job of restoring from a complete backup...Having said that, I would like to of been...
  5. After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender: I installed the Creator Update yesterday. Today I noticed Defender didn't update definitions. I opened the Security Center, and it's reading my installed Malwarebytes 3 Premium as "..other antivirus provider.." [img] [img] Before the update, I was under the impression...
  6. Can't disable Windows Defender with Kaspersky

Can't disable Windows Defender with Kaspersky: I've found the page that advises on how to disable Windows Defender on here, but the screen I get in the 'Windows Defender Security Centre' looks nothing like I see there, and there is no option to turn off real time protection, only a way of changing scan options. I keep...
  7. Creators edition -- Windows defender BROKEN !!!

Creators edition -- Windows defender BROKEN !!!: Hi there apart from really hosing up the Interface (why on earth do people mess with perfectly acceptable programs and then turn it into something HORRIBLE) the scan doesn't work It says it thinks there's a threat on my machine -- but nothing in the logs and when you...
  8. defender issues after creator update

defender issues after creator update: i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender... I also cannot enable the defender threat service... clicking restart does nothing. i uninstalled the device and restarted, but didn't fix it, altho the WSC icon shows 'no...
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update disabled driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Creators Update disabled driver: Hello, after upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update, one of the several PCI ports remains disabled a device driver in the device manager. It is about: Intel (R) 5 Series / 3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 3B46 Also tested clean installation Win 10....
  10. Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.: Hello everyone. I'm facing a problem that I've tried to solve by google searches and I have not got it so far. The problem is in my wifi connection. Sometimes I turn on my laptop and I'm already connected, sometimes I see the name of my home network but it tells me that it...