Windows 10: Can't disable Windows notification sound that occurs when device volume is turned all the...

Discus and support Can't disable Windows notification sound that occurs when device volume is turned all the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have all system sounds disabled in Control Panel/Sounds ('None' is selected). I also have the System Sounds fader in Volume Mixer turned all the way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RikkiBates, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Can't disable Windows notification sound that occurs when device volume is turned all the...

I have all system sounds disabled in Control Panel/Sounds ('None' is selected). I also have the System Sounds fader in Volume Mixer turned all the way down and muted. When the Device Volume in Volume Mixer is turned all the way up it makes a VERY loud "DING DING DING" (duh, the volume is all the way up!). I use Windows in my recording studio and have very powerful monitor speakers. Sometimes I need to turn the system volume all the way up to listen to recordings that were made at very low levels so I can listen to them critically. When the notification sound occurs, it's brutally, piercing loud. When I'm doing this kind of intensive critical listening, my head is often right up to the speakers. The last thing I need is a surprise 130dB 1kHz blast to my head. Eventually this will cause me permanent damage to my eardrums. I need to find a way to get this sound to stop. This problem only started happening recently, fwiw. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

RikkiBates, Oct 28, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Problem with sound in notification bar

Hi,

In this case, I would suggest you to temporarily disable the sound icon in task bar and then re-enable it and check. Click on 'Settings' in the start menu and then click on 'System'. Click on the "notifications and actions' and then click on the option 'Turn
    system icons on or off' and disable the volume icon. Restart the PC and follow the same steps to enable it again and check if the issue occurs. If the issue persists, create a new user account and check. This will help us determine if the issue is user profile
    specific or Windows specific. Keep us updated on the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 28, 2018
  4. DanDolgin Win User

Can't disable Windows notification sound that occurs when device volume is turned all the...

How to turn off notifications sound?

I turned off sound on all notifications listed that are shown available to change. I had them turn off, but some are still coming through. Either there are applications do not appear on the list, or the sound is not staying off after I already updated
    the settings to turn them off.

It is very informative to have the notifications on the screen, but I do not want or need the sound. A lot of times I am watching you Tube videos that I prefer loud volume, but I forget to turn down the volume when I'm done. So every time a notification
    comes, I get a very loud annoying sound.

DanDolgin, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Can't disable Windows notification sound that occurs when device volume is turned all the...

1. Can't disable Windows notification sound that occurs when device volume is turned all the... - Similar Threads - Can't disable notification

2. notification sound comes but no any notification occurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notification sound comes but no any notification occurs: There is a problem with my window. There is a notification sound coming multiple times but there is no notification is present all over the window. It happens multiple times a day. After much research, I found that there may be an error in my drive when I saw in the footer...
  3. notification sound comes but no any notification occurs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification sound comes but no any notification occurs: There is a problem with my window. There is a notification sound coming multiple times but there is no notification is present all over the window. It happens multiple times a day. After much research, I found that there may be an error in my drive when I saw in the footer...
  4. Turn off all notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off all notification sounds.: This should be simple.I want to turn off all notification sounds. I use my computer to teach. I want all sounds other than those that I am producing for my classes to be turned off. Forever. Any time. All day.I don't want to go down a checklist and select which sounds to turn...
  5. Turn off all notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off all notification sounds.: This should be simple.I want to turn off all notification sounds. I use my computer to teach. I want all sounds other than those that I am producing for my classes to be turned off. Forever. Any time. All day.I don't want to go down a checklist and select which sounds to turn...
  6. Notifications turn down volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications turn down volume: I am in the process of breaking in a new laptop. When I have a call or streaming music and receive a notification from Teams, the volume turns down tremendously for ~10 seconds. I've gone into Sounds-Communications and specified 'Do Nothing' when Windows detects...
  7. Can't turn of ALL the notifications

Can't turn of ALL the notifications: Hello! In Setting I switch off all the notifications, but when copy/delete and maybe some other actions some files I still get the Bell sound. Same problem when work in TC. All the updates installed. Please help to turn sound off....
  8. Notification Sound Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notification Sound Volume: I have the Speaker Volume cranked up high to hear conversations clearly, but this makes the Notification Sounds too High. Is there a way in Windows 10 to keep it high for calls and have a lower volume for Notifications?...
  9. Changing sound volume notification

Changing sound volume notification: [ATTACH] Hi, basically whenever I change the sound these boxes come up, the box one never used to. It was always the small box but not the bigger one which says chrome.exe. Its super annoying as the box stays up for ages and you can't see anything behind it. Is there any...
  10. Turn off volume mixer notification sound

Turn off volume mixer notification sound: I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control panel/sounds (set to none). This only seems to happen when audio playback programs are running (like iTunes, MusicBee, MPC-HC,...