Windows 10: Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line

Discus and support Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; > Can't display Chinese characters properly in cmd with 'ls' command result shown in fig.1. <fig.1Description: All file/folder names include Chinese... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kjeldahlofMicrosoft, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line

> Can't display Chinese characters properly in cmd with 'ls' command result shown in fig.1. <fig.1Description: All file/folder names include Chinese characters are shown in forms like: ''$'<certain codec number of these Chinese characters, e.g. \123\456\789 for a single CN character>'$'<other English characters>'. *i.e. enclose the whole file/folder name with '', separate CN and non-CN characters with ‘$’ . - Affect Pycharm terminals and other relative terminals. results are similarly, e.g. CN Character '' shown as ''$' \350\260\267' - While using 'md'command in .bat f

:)

kjeldahlofMicrosoft, Jul 21, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line :)

3. migranule Win User
    Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Jul 21, 2022
  4. Edwin Win User

Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line

How to display Chinese characters

Copy/Paste worked for me, except...

my system automatically changed this character:

Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line [​IMG]

... to this:

Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line [​IMG]

Weird! *Confused

Edwin, Jul 21, 2022
Thema:

Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line

1. Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line - Similar Threads - Can't display recognize

2. Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't display or recognize Chinese characters in Windows 10 cmd command line: > Can't display Chinese characters properly in cmd with 'ls' command result shown in fig.1. <fig.1Description: All file/folder names include Chinese characters are shown in forms like: ''$'<certain codec number of these Chinese characters, e.g. \123\456\789 for a single CN...
  3. wuauclt.exe CMD command lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wuauclt.exe CMD command lines: 04/22/2022 - 10:59Hello,I am studying in a computer science school, and I work in a telecommunication company sandwich course. I have a project to do to validate my year.I have a Windows server 2012 R2.My goal is to update my computer with command lines.I have the constraint...
  4. wuauclt.exe CMD command lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wuauclt.exe CMD command lines: 04/22/2022 - 10:59Hello,I am studying in a computer science school, and I work in a telecommunication company sandwich course. I have a project to do to validate my year.I have a Windows server 2012 R2.My goal is to update my computer with command lines.I have the constraint...
  5. Window 10 can't display chinese character

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 can't display chinese character: Hi, I have a question that the chinese character does not display correctly in command prompt but it looks fine in window explorer. This cause my program didn't run correctly. below is the exhibit Thanks in advance! Billy [ATTACH]...
  6. How to display Chinese characters

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters: Found some nice pix of those finger mountains in Zhangjiajie, China, and (since also slowly learning Chinese) would like to _include_ Chinese characters in their file titles, _without_ changing my default UK English input/display language. The Chinese characters display fine,...
  7. Chinese character

Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  8. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  9. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...
  10. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...