Windows 10: Can't do a clean install of Windows 10. It freezes on the motherboard screen before the...

Discus and support Can't do a clean install of Windows 10. It freezes on the motherboard screen before the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today i got my GPU for the system i was building. Previously, i had been using the onboard graphics to get the PC ready and everything was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by grumpy510, Sep 2, 2019.

1. grumpy510 Win User

Can't do a clean install of Windows 10. It freezes on the motherboard screen before the...

Today i got my GPU for the system i was building. Previously, i had been using the onboard graphics to get the PC ready and everything was working fine. However, when i installed the GPU, and powered on the system it went into some sort of windows update and crashed and left me at a black screen , so i decided to try and do a clean install.

Everything was going fine on the install. It got to the getting devices ready screen and when that finished another pinwheel came on and it just froze.

I have tried reinstalling multiple times to no avail. I have tried running chkdsk and sfc /scannow and they dont find any issues. Whenever i try to reset the system i just get an error telling me the reset failed. I have also tried installing without the GPU and by unplugging both drives one at a time and still nothing. Just the frozen motherboard screen.

I can not boot into safe mode as there is no OS installed and when i try, i just get an error that says "Installation can not be competed in Safe Mode".

My best guess is that maybe the drives were somehow corrputed, but im not sure.

Can someone please help me with this? Im pretty desperate for help at this point .

Edit: I have also already tried wiping the drives multiple times using diskpart and made sure it was in GPT format. and also flashing the bios to the most recent version and made sure it was set to UEFI mode

:)

grumpy510, Sep 2, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Can't do a clean install of Windows 10. It freezes on the motherboard screen before the...

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Can't do a clean install of Windows 10. It freezes on the motherboard screen before the...

1. Can't do a clean install of Windows 10. It freezes on the motherboard screen before the... - Similar Threads - Can't clean install

2. Can't do clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't do clean install of Windows 11: My C drive a 500 Gig NVMe was down to less than 4 Gig left so I bought a 1 TB one. I tried cloning to the new one and that didn't go good, and somehow the old one got wiped too. Anyway, I decided to do a clean Windows 11 install, but get stuck. I made a Windows 11 install...
  3. Can't do clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't do clean install of Windows 11: My C drive a 500 Gig NVMe was down to less than 4 Gig left so I bought a 1 TB one. I tried cloning to the new one and that didn't go good, and somehow the old one got wiped too. Anyway, I decided to do a clean Windows 11 install, but get stuck. I made a Windows 11 install...
  4. Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish: Hi All, I recently purchased a new processor. I swapped them out today. When I went to boot afterwards, Windows just kept spinning. I decides to just do a fresh install of Windows 10 since I keep all my important files on an external drive. I reformatted the drive from the...
  5. Can't do clean install on SSD

Can't do clean install on SSD: I keep getting "We couldn't create a partition or find and existing one". i already made a partition with Diskpart and verified it exists. I disconnected the other hard drives and still get the error. Is there something I have to change in the BIOS? 128599
  6. Doing a clean install of Windows 10 after motherboard change

Doing a clean install of Windows 10 after motherboard change: Hi, I recently had to change the motherboard on my laptop because of some sound issues. I took my laptop to the Asus Service Center and they messaged me a few days later saying that they had changed my motherboard. After I got it back, I noticed that almost all of my games...
  7. Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!: Im installing a new motherboard along with new ram and cpu. Im keeping the same hard drive(s) but i am doing a clean install. My question is will my windows 10 key still work? I heard with new hardware it doesnt activate properly. thanks in advance for any help!...
  8. Windows 10 freezing after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after clean install: Hi, my computer keeps freezing even after a clean install on a SSD drive, mainly while using the edge browser. I did a full reset and still it froze while watching Mission Impossible trailer. nb. I have no third party software installed. The system a simple standard...
  9. Frequent Black Screens Before and After Clean Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Black Screens Before and After Clean Install: I've been struggling with my computer display for over a week now. At random times the display will shut off entirely, the sound will loop for a bit, but the LED's on both my mouse and keyboard stay on. I thought that this was a corrupted driver problem so I reformatted my...
  10. W10 clean install. Booting from USB freezes before installation page

W10 clean install. Booting from USB freezes before installation page: I have set up my usb using rufus and UUI. When I boot my pc with the usb its freeze in windows 10 blue logo screen, i've tried to create bootable using 2 different software but still freeze. Here a picture where its freeze [img] My current OS windows 10 32bit and i like...