Windows 10: can't do a clean install, whea_uncorrectable_error??

Discus and support can't do a clean install, whea_uncorrectable_error?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, I’ve got an issue with installing Windows 10 Pro 32bit on my computer where I try to clean install windows, and after the first restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matt26, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Matt26 Win User

can't do a clean install, whea_uncorrectable_error??

Hey all,

I’ve got an issue with installing Windows 10 Pro 32bit on my computer where I try to clean install windows, and after the first restart when it’s doing the ‘getting devices ready’ part, I get a blue screen- WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

A little history on this issue… I started with a clean install of 10 Pro on this computer, installation went fine, computer ran without issue. After installing all available windows updates and Firefox, I plugged in a USB guitar interface device (M-Audio JamLab), and immediately got a blue screen, then the computer restarted… I didn’t catch the error on the blue screen. I unplugged the JamLab device, same issue (pretty sure this is when I first saw the WHEA error code)
    I’ve been troubleshooting to the point that I gave up and now I’ve low level formatted the drive and I’m trying to clean install 10 Pro again- same WHEA error code… the most common reasons I’ve seen for this code are incorrect voltages (ex, CPU spike), hardware issues, driver issues or windows updates.

I’ve reset the BIOS back to defaults, I don’t think drivers or windows updates are the issue since I can’t even get Windows installed, and I’ve installed Windows 7 successfully since all this happened (and plugged in the JamLab device/installed drivers successfully), so if it’s a hardware issue then it must be Windows 10 that doesn’t like it.

What baffles me, is that I was able to install 10 and run the computer with no issues, then ever since I plugged in the USB JamLab device, I can’t reinstall it- is it possible that the USB device somehow caused a hardware issue that only Widows 10 is detecting/complaining about?

I’m lost… please help!

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Hardware: AMD 4000+ CPU, Asus A8N SLI Premium motherboard, 4GB RAM, 160GBx3+120GB HD in JBOD

:)

Matt26, Dec 3, 2015
  2. bschlang Win User

How do I do a clean install without errors for Windows 10?

Got a new RAM stick and it is all set now. Thanks!

bschlang, Dec 3, 2015
  3. bschlang Win User
    How do I do a clean install without errors for Windows 10?

This is not an easy question! Please do not tell me to look at a guide or some basic video.

The basics:

I am trying to run a completely clean install of windows 10 on my desktop. It has literally no data on any of the drives. I also tried to download 8.1 from a disk that I had but that did not work either. I downloaded the windows tool and installed it to
    various drives (2 flash [8gb and 16gb] and a 2 tb external hdd). I ran the computer through the external drives and selected the type of windows I wanted (I've tried home, home N, pro, and pro N). I do not have a key and selected that option. I have tried
    running the installation on blank drives (cleaned through the drives screen in installation and through diskpart's clean command). The ssd's are a couple years old and the hdd is only a few weeks old. All have been either throwing installation errors or crashing
    my system (errors below). I have done this entire process by the book multiple times on different drives, ram slots, external drives, and copies of windows installation tools. PLEASE HELP!

The build:

• Hard drives: 256 gb ssd, 128 gb ssd, 1 tb hdd
    • RAM: 1x8gb in proper DIMM slot (given by motherboard)
    • ASUS B250H motherboard
    • XFX r7 260x graphics card (not plugged in to monitors)
    • 430W power supply
    The stop codes (encountered at various times and not limited to):

• memory management
    • page fault in nonpaged area (failed: NTFS.sys)
    • system service exception
    • kernel security check failure
    • dpc watchdog violation
    The error codes (encountered at various times and not limited to):

• 0x8007025D
    • 0x80070006
    I have spent hours and hours looking up solutions to this and have browsed tons of forums on each error and crash. I really do not understand why this is so difficult given the fact that all I want to do is put an OS on one of 3 completely blank drives.
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated

-Brian

bschlang, Dec 3, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Looking at it logically, a clean install now should erase all traces of any previous devices because you will format the hard disk. Therefore the motherboard must have been affected in a way that only Windows 10 can detect. I wonder if there is a BIOS update that you can apply that is specifically for W10?

philc43, Dec 3, 2015
  5. Matt26 Win User
    i checked the Asus website, the board isn't listed.. i still don't get how the hardware could have been affected- i've been in IT for years and have never seen a USB device "damage" other hardware- not to say it's not possible of course, but what are the odds?? i'm not entirely convinced that's the case though- the fact that 7 installs leads me away from that conclusion- what exactly is it about 10 that would see something different with the hardware than 7?

Matt26, Dec 3, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    I know, it's weird! Anyone else got some ideas?

philc43, Dec 3, 2015
  7. Matt26 Win User
    so i tried installing windows 7 and then doing an upgrade to 10, just to see if that would work.

unfortunately it wasn't successful; see attached screenshot for error details..
    can't do a clean install, whea_uncorrectable_error?? [​IMG]

one interesting bit about the upgrade- it took a really long time to go through the upgrade process, particularly the copying of files at the screen with the circle and percent complete- i think i started the process Sunday night and it finished sometime last night.. maybe this has some thing to do with the JBOD? problem is, i can't use a single drive attached to any of the sata connectors because the windows installation disc doesn't recognize them for some reason. i'm wondering if i should try an add-in sata card that windows will recognize and test with a single drive..

anyways, not sure what my next steps should be.. can an upgrade be started from an install disc or usb drive?

Matt26, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. can't do a clean install, whea_uncorrectable_error?? - Similar Threads - can't clean install

2. Can't do clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't do clean install of Windows 11: My C drive a 500 Gig NVMe was down to less than 4 Gig left so I bought a 1 TB one. I tried cloning to the new one and that didn't go good, and somehow the old one got wiped too. Anyway, I decided to do a clean Windows 11 install, but get stuck. I made a Windows 11 install...
  3. Can't do clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't do clean install of Windows 11: My C drive a 500 Gig NVMe was down to less than 4 Gig left so I bought a 1 TB one. I tried cloning to the new one and that didn't go good, and somehow the old one got wiped too. Anyway, I decided to do a clean Windows 11 install, but get stuck. I made a Windows 11 install...
  4. Need to do a clean install but can't access settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to do a clean install but can't access settings: For some reason my windows 10 home pc crashed and won't let me access settings and crashes all over again, so I'm not able to do a clean install using the installation media on my usb via settings.. is there any other method of doing a clean install without accessing...
  5. Can't clean install windows

Can't clean install windows: After the update windows asking me to install the update KB4538672 everyday as the precursor is due to expire in April I eventually let it update. After the update it crashed my laptop every 10secs to 2mins, my laptop became unusable. After I talking to Microsoft help I was...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue Screen After Clean Windows Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Blue Screen After Clean Windows Install: Hello, a few days ago I used the "reset this PC" option in the windows settings after I noticed there was some type of malware on my computer was as if someone was remotely accessing my PC. I have no idea where that came from but I immediately backed up some important...
  7. February update: can't even do a clean install

February update: can't even do a clean install: Using automatic updates, the system is now "dead". System tried automatic repair: failed Tried restore: STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error Tried repair from USB Media creation tool on another PC: started on same automatic repair loop Tried full install: winload.exe error In...
  8. Can't do clean install on SSD

Can't do clean install on SSD: I keep getting "We couldn't create a partition or find and existing one". i already made a partition with Diskpart and verified it exists. I disconnected the other hard drives and still get the error. Is there something I have to change in the BIOS? 128599
  9. Doing a new Clean install..

Doing a new Clean install..: I'm about to do a clean install of Win10 again once I get my new SSD in the mail. I already have a image of the installation on a DVD from back when Win10 was just being available. Should I make an updated image from the media creation tool or is my old image ok to use?...
  10. Doing a clean install?

Doing a clean install?: Then your old OS will still be legal. Why not partition your hard drive and keep your old OS in case of problems? When I had a shop build my Win 7 desktop, I paid a little extra to have them install my legal copy of XP on a small partition. It ran some old software that...