Windows 10: Can't do anything until Start Menu loads

Discus and support Can't do anything until Start Menu loads in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I sign into my PC, the Start Menu opens and closes itself. It takes forever to do so, and I can't do anything until it does its thing. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Some Guy Wanting Help, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Can't do anything until Start Menu loads

Whenever I sign into my PC, the Start Menu opens and closes itself. It takes forever to do so, and I can't do anything until it does its thing. I can't click on anything, start any programs, or even move the mouse. This just started happening recently. It doesn't matter if I just turned the PC on or if I'm waking it up from sleep mode. I am on Windows 10 18362

:)

Some Guy Wanting Help, Apr 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Can't do anything until Start Menu loads

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't do anything until Start Menu loads

1. Can't do anything until Start Menu loads - Similar Threads - Can't anything until

2. Clicking start menu dont do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking start menu dont do anything: I clicked on my start menu but it wont open. It is opening earlier and I just locked the computer and the problem started after turning it on. Shortcut key on the keyboard dont do anything as well....
  3. Clicking start menu dont do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking start menu dont do anything: I clicked on my start menu but it wont open. It is opening earlier and I just locked the computer and the problem started after turning it on. Shortcut key on the keyboard dont do anything as well....
  4. Clicking start menu dont do anything

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't do anything in the troubleshoot menu!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't do anything in the troubleshoot menu!: I want to use the options in the blue troubleshoot menu where you can reset your pc, use startup settings and startup repair, etc. however I can't do anything due to my password being "incorrect" when I know its correct. I can't log into the account in the blue troubleshoot...
  6. Can't open downloads through/from the start menu!! keeps loading until it says not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open downloads through/from the start menu!! keeps loading until it says not...: also unable to open windows store!! can't find it in apps and features either!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-downloads-throughfrom-the-start-menu/31adcc98-b363-41ac-9489-12054a91704b
  7. I can't click on anything in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't click on anything in the start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jq910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inynd0/i_cant_click_on_anything_in_the_start_menu/
  8. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on anything in the start menu.: Hello, I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as much. Before the update i simply wiped my computer just like i did before 8.1 so that it could install faster and not have to...
  9. Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu: Good day. I have an HP notebook with Windows 10 and yesterday I noticed that when I tried to open any programs from the taskbar, nothing happened. I clicked on the Start Menu also, nothing again. Even if I wave my mouse on the taskbar/Start menu. The icons don't light...
  10. Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?: Either the Windows 10 start menu really sucks or I am using it wrong. I am used to the StartisBack/Windows 7 menu where you can pin anything and all applications will come up in search results. In the Windows 10 menu, I can't pin anything to the start menu that's not already...