Windows 10: Cant do anything with my pc even resetting/formatting

Discus and support Cant do anything with my pc even resetting/formatting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay so two windows updates ago my computer was acting a little wonky, some windows programs just wouldn't open. I knew I needed to format my comp but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TellCS, May 9, 2019.

1. TellCS Win User

Cant do anything with my pc even resetting/formatting

Okay so two windows updates ago my computer was acting a little wonky, some windows programs just wouldn't open. I knew I needed to format my comp but it was still very much usable. So the next windows update roles around and of course I don't want to update but I can't shut down my pc without updating, so I update it. I turn my computer back on the next day and it launches and everything is fine until I get to my desktop, none of my shortcuts load, the task bar loads with none of the pinned apps, and I can't click or do anything. Right click causes the screen to flash and doesn't open up the menu, left click does nothing except when I click the empty task bar which again causes the screen to flask. Task manager won't open, Windows key does nothing.

So I hold shift and hit restart in the control alt delete menu. I have no system restore points. Startup repair didn't help, uninstalling the latest update didn't help. When I launch in safe mode I get a flashing blue and black screen that I cant move on from. I tried choosing the reset computer option with both keep all files and remove all files, each time I got a promp that said 'there was a problem resseting your pc. No changes were made.' So at this point ive accepted that all of my important files are gone so I go ahead and launch the pc with my windows 10 usb boot drive. It cant detect any of my drives, so i go into my bios and disable raid/optane mode and try again and it still cant detect any drives. For whatever reason my shift-restart menu now has a continue to windows recovery enviorment option which I click and it procedes to restart the computer and do nothing else.

I really have no idea what to do at this point. I am able to open command prompt in the trouble shoot menu so if there are any commands that may help me I could try them.

And one last thing I dont know if this helps or means anything but everytime I goto restart I have one app that is preventing restart called 'task host window'.

I dont care about keeping my files at all anymore, yes it hurts but I really just want to be able to use my pc at this point. Im about to just buy a new hard drive.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

TellCS, May 9, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 9, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 9, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Cant do anything with my pc even resetting/formatting - Similar Threads - Cant anything resetting

2. My PC Crash and I Cant do Anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Crash and I Cant do Anything: MyPC got hang after turn on from sleep mode and after start up. I cant touch anything and do anything. After wait for 5 minutes, i hard shutdown my pc. When turn on i check event viewer and it generated 2 minidump fileMinidump 02 Feb...
  3. My PC Crash and I Cant do Anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC Crash and I Cant do Anything: MyPC got hang after turn on from sleep mode and after start up. I cant touch anything and do anything. After wait for 5 minutes, i hard shutdown my pc. When turn on i check event viewer and it generated 2 minidump fileMinidump 02 Feb...
  4. Cant do anything on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant do anything on my pc: Hello, i have a problem, i cant run task manager, i cant uninstal or instal anything, i cant even reinstal windows it says there is a error in something.Once i restarted pc it flashed a error that pc cant run me as administrator.. and it never showed again. Windows recovery...
  5. Cant do anything on my pc

Cant do anything on my pc: Hello, i have a problem, i cant run task manager, i cant uninstal or instal anything, i cant even reinstal windows it says there is a error in something.Once i restarted pc it flashed a error that pc cant run me as administrator.. and it never showed again. Windows recovery...
  6. Cant do anything on my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cant do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant do anything: I bought a razer blade 14 with 144 reflesh rate and i installed windows 11 after that i try to restore windows 11 to 10 and its past 10 days aready and i search youtube and i see a video on youtube is that u can download windows 10 , after when i download it, everything...
  8. Cant do anything

Cant do anything: I bought a razer blade 14 with 144 reflesh rate and i installed windows 11 after that i try to restore windows 11 to 10 and its past 10 days aready and i search youtube and i see a video on youtube is that u can download windows 10 , after when i download it, everything...
  9. Cant do anything with my pc even resetting/formatting because of coreuicomponents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant do anything with my pc even resetting/formatting because of coreuicomponents: I was trying to fix my game with battleye and every game that have battleye cant run because of it. And i was trying to formatting restartting and reinstall my windows system but i didint work all the time the PC gave me a message ,,your pc have a problem with it,,...
  10. Can't even format my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't even format my pc: Hey, first of all all of my problems started with the usb i plugged in at my computer (it was kingston). Apperantly, it had some trojans etc but my licenced kaspersky found it and removed it. But just before the removal, it wanted to restart computer so i did. Everything was...