Windows 10: Can't do anything with the lock screen

Discus and support Can't do anything with the lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Somehow I "broke" the Windows Setup process and now it's not giving me any lock screens Win + L, Start > account menu, Ctrl + Alt + Del, Group... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by uEFImaster, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Can't do anything with the lock screen

Somehow I "broke" the Windows Setup process and now it's not giving me any lock screens Win + L, Start > account menu, Ctrl + Alt + Del, Group Policy,... all didn't help. And when I go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > "Change what power buttons do" on the left panel I see this:

Can't do anything with the lock screen 4eca34de-c24e-4898-a70e-ac1ecab78105?upload=true.png

I Googled around for an hour and all they seemed to say was the "managed by your organization" in the Settings app, NOT "managed by your system administrator" in this page.

Any ideas about this please?

:)

uEFImaster, Feb 12, 2021

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Can't do anything with the lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Can't do anything with the lock screen

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Can't do anything with the lock screen

1. Can't do anything with the lock screen - Similar Threads - Can't anything lock

2. I'm locked out of my account and can't do anything about it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm locked out of my account and can't do anything about it: Today I have tried to access my Microsoft account only to come across the message: "Sign in is blocked""You have tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or password."I have reset my password and still nothing worked, plus I had no options for any security...
  3. I'm locked out of my account and can't do anything about it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm locked out of my account and can't do anything about it: Today I have tried to access my Microsoft account only to come across the message: "Sign in is blocked""You have tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or password."I have reset my password and still nothing worked, plus I had no options for any security...
  4. Cortana can't do anything

in Cortana
    Cortana can't do anything: After I reinstalled my Windows, my Cortana couldn't do anything, even set an alarm. All it can do is reply "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one".What can I do?...
  5. Cortana can't do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana can't do anything: After I reinstalled my Windows, my Cortana couldn't do anything, even set an alarm. All it can do is reply "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this one".What can I do?...
  6. Can't do anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't do anything: I can't open any program. I can't open Powershell. Can't search anything in the start menu Settings not working. It's been 2 hours and I can't fuckin do anything on my Computer. If any of you have a solution please tell me, I am having a really hard time. submitted by...
  7. Blue Screen of Death and can't do anything about it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death and can't do anything about it: After installing a windows 10 update today, my computer began crashing every time I tried to play a game. After multiple attempts to try to fix this, I ran a system restore to try and go back to before I installed the updates. This went on for 3 hours before I canceled it and...
  8. Black screen can't do anything!

Black screen can't do anything!: Hi guys, I'm desperate... My computer all of the sudden started to go into the black screen with the cursor after doing the normal login user/password procedure. This didn't happen after a download of a new version of windows update, I just turned it on one day and it stayed...
  9. Screen flickering, can't do anything

Screen flickering, can't do anything: A couple of days ago my laptop screen suddenly started flickering - it's not only a visual issue since it's impossible to do anything on the computer either. When I start Task Manager, it is flickering as well. A quick google search tells me that this most likely means that...
  10. Can't do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't do anything: There was an update from windows that wasn't installing and keeps on failling. Yesterday, I while I tried one more time to install the update. I opened HP support to check for any HP related update. While search, a command promt programme opened and started giving out lines...