Windows 10: Can't download a game to my D drive

Discus and support Can't download a game to my D drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been trying to download a game to my D drive but it says I need storage the game is 50 gbs and I have over 200 gbs on the hard drive in question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PJ2209, Dec 11, 2020.

1. PJ2209 Win User

Can't download a game to my D drive

I've been trying to download a game to my D drive but it says I need storage the game is 50 gbs and I have over 200 gbs on the hard drive in question I've tried to change where new content is saved, I've tried wsreset in administrator mode, I've tired to reset microsoft store by right clicking it going into app settings and clicking reset, I've checked if my windows it updated I don't know what else to do and I can't download it onto my C drive because I don't have enough space

:)

PJ2209, Dec 11, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

D drive

Since the game is being downloaded to the temporary files of the drive C, it may create conflict when you install the downloaded game from temporary file C to drive D. We suggest to set-up your steam to download the game directly to drive D and check if
    you will get the same error message when you install it.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't download a game to my D drive - Similar Threads - Can't download game

2. games wont download on my D drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games wont download on my D drive.: When I'm downloading games from the Microsoft store. I download them on my D drive because my C drive is to small. It downloads almost all the way, at the end it gives me the error codes: 0x8003d0b or 0x80070005. When I install it on my C drive and try to move it, it gives me...
  3. games wont download on my D drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    games wont download on my D drive.: When I'm downloading games from the Microsoft store. I download them on my D drive because my C drive is to small. It downloads almost all the way, at the end it gives me the error codes: 0x8003d0b or 0x80070005. When I install it on my C drive and try to move it, it gives me...
  4. games wont download on my D drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Is it okay to download a steam game with my D: drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it okay to download a steam game with my D: drive?: my C: drive has about 41.72 Gigabytes of storage but it's a tad bit short to download Warthunder which is at 42.40 Gigabytes, but then i decided to change the drive i'll download the game to and changed it to my D: Drive and found out that my D: drive has a butt ton of...
  6. Is it okay to download a steam game with my D: drive?

Is it okay to download a steam game with my D: drive?: my C: drive has about 41.72 Gigabytes of storage but it's a tad bit short to download Warthunder which is at 42.40 Gigabytes, but then i decided to change the drive i'll download the game to and changed it to my D: Drive and found out that my D: drive has a butt ton of...
  7. i want to download a game to my D drive but i can't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i want to download a game to my D drive but i can't: I did the changin the location in storage settings but when i try and download it it says error i read that i culd change the windowsapp folders name but it says i need permision but i am an admin on my pc. can you guys help me...
  8. i want to download a game to my D drive but i can't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to download a game to my D drive but i can't: I did the changin the location in storage settings but when i try and download it it says error i read that i culd change the windowsapp folders name but it says i need permision but i am an admin on my pc. can you guys help me...
  9. i want to download a game to my D drive but i can't

10. Can't install games on my D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games on my D drive: Basically when i go to install sea of thieves and i click install, the location prompt for the download comes up as usual and gives me the option to choose another drive to download the game too. So i go and select my D drive and i click install. But, nothing, and i click and...